Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2007, 07:47 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a fresh pig farm in the Callicoon/Narrowsburg general area to buy a fresh ham. Kids coming for Christmas and this is the wish.

Anyone in the area have a lead?

Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 PM

417 posts, read 1,890,874 times
Try these two sites- they may point you in the right direction:

NOFA-NY Home Page

Local Harvest / Farmers Markets / Family Farms / CSA / Organic Food

Old 11-26-2007, 03:10 PM

Thanks for the effort, honeychrome. I knew about Local Harvest, and it doesn't seem as if NOFA has much around here and Local Harvest didn't turn up much for me.

I may find someone at the end of the year Farmer's Market in Callicoon on December 8.

Sure hope so; never like disappointing the kids.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:16 PM

417 posts, read 1,890,874 times
There's got to be someone in the area! Of course if you were looking for lamb or goat you could just start knocking on farmhouse doors and you'd find something in no time....

Old 12-01-2007, 06:09 AM

Not a bad idea!

Anyway after calling quite a few farmers, and posting here and in NEPA, I am going to change this menu, and get some lamb.

Happy Holidays to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychrome View Post
There's got to be someone in the area! Of course if you were looking for lamb or goat you could just start knocking on farmhouse doors and you'd find something in no time....

Old 12-02-2007, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,349 times
um i dont know about the farms in callicoon area but i do know in callicoon center there is a farm that does sell its produce and meats right on the main road that leads to roscoe i think its called wisemanns um i dont know starts with a w and is right after the hills resort, also you could check out the bethel area ... i know in the jeffersonville visitors guide they list most farms and if all this fails.... not sure if you are from that area but if not go to the village market in callicoon center around lunchtime anyday and theyre will be a guy named grant who is a farmer and has lived in that area all his life who will tell you how to get that fresh ham... i know... sounds funny but thats your lead right there!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York