Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,687 times

Advertisements

i am an international student looking for a cheap apartment near suny plattsburgh. i would be glad if someone is willing to help me with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 08:51 PM

518 posts, read 2,013,629 times
Question What time frame are you looking at?

Are you wanting to move here for summer classes or for fall? There are many places listed on the newspaper site online..........PressRepublican.com and also, the Suny Plattsburgh website might have connections or recommendations.......I will say that the place I mentioned in earlier posts is not the same quality place that it used to be.........I was very surprised. It used to look so nice. However, there are many apartments to be found and even some new ones for students being built right now that are to have fall occupancy. What price range rent are you looking for? That might help to know...........Lots of local publications and local renters. Do you have transportation or do you need to be able to walk to everything around town?

Old 05-10-2011, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,146 times
I am looking for an apartment that will allow dogs and is 650 or less. I am not having much luck and my lease ends May 20.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:25 PM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Have you tried the mapskrieg website? MapsKrieg - CraigsList Apartment Listings Mashed With Google Maps

Old 05-10-2011, 07:47 PM

Post Are you here in town or trying to find one from another city?

Makes a difference..............what used to be called International Village is now called Sapphire Village? It is on Rugar St........If you know anyone in town, call and ask what they have heard about any lead possible. When I was house hunting, I would drive around on Sunday afternoons in the area I wanted to live. It's amazing how much neighbors know about other people's business..........who is moving, leaving town, splitting up, getting fired, etc.....I got my house from info on one of those afternoons...don't be shy about asking. Also, if you are in town, tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day.........Thursday also, so.........

I would just take a walk around campus. At this time of year, so many landlords are just being hit flat out with kids leaving and wanting their deposit back.....etc., so they usually don't think about re-advertising until early to mid-August again. You are at an advantage if you can walk around, see a sign or a landlord or caretaker and just start asking questions.....If you can walk down Draper, Broad, Cornelia, near the fountain areas and streets on Court, Brinkerhoff, Couch, you should see a lot of signs/phone numbers......Those are the main areas. If you see someone moving stuff on the street, or stuff already on street, college trash stuff, just go ring a doorbell, etc.......Never hurts to ask, right? Not as many rooms, apartments, in the west end of town. Downtown might have apartments if you get really desperate, but there aren't as many pure 'students' there. I wouldn't want my kid to live down there as there is more temptation, less motivation to get work done. I guess it would be okay for a month or so until fall semester, but definitely would not be my first choice........would probably be some apartments on Hamilton Street, Macomb, nearer the lake, but it's more of a walk if you don't have car.............Good luck!

Old 05-10-2011, 07:50 PM

Post Oh, and on bulletin boards downstairs in

the library/Angell Center. Ask in residence life also.................

Old 07-22-2011, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,011 times
Adirondack Gardens is not a safe place to live. I wouldn't want anyone decent living there unless it got cleaned out. News reports don't lie.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:02 PM

205 posts, read 389,310 times
Default dogs...

are apartments up there good about large dogs or is it hard to find a decent place that allows them? we have a husky/malamute mix...

Old 09-12-2011, 04:39 AM

22 posts, read 85,507 times
Bloomfield,Downtown Pittsburgh,East Allegheny,Mount Washington and Regent Square are the best area to live there. They have a good neighborhood. You can enjoy a lot there.
Good luck.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 AM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_margarita View Post
Bloomfield,Downtown Pittsburgh,East Allegheny,Mount Washington and Regent Square are the best area to live there. They have a good neighborhood. You can enjoy a lot there.
Good luck.
It's for Plattsburgh, not Pittsburgh. I can see how people can make that mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York