Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 08:43 AM

93,334 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
New Brunswick is ok, but crime is pretty high there. Large sections of the city are run down and unsafe. North Brunswick and Piscataway are kinda bland suburbs, though they are diverse. Strip malls dominate a lot of N Brunswick along Route 1, Route 27, 130 and industrial areas along Route 91. Montclair is another really great town close to NY, but mad expensive.
I thought about Montclair, as well as West Orange and Teaneck. On Long Island, I thought about Valley Stream, parts of Baldwin, Wheatley Heights/Dix Hills, Deer Park and West Babylon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 08:54 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Well, keep in mind that the list of median home prices were for counties throughout the state, not just the NYC area.
Understood, and thanks. Is Manhattan still the epicenter of real estate up there?

Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Understood, and thanks. Is Manhattan still the epicenter of real estate up there?
Umm...Yes, in terms of high prices.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:35 AM

368 posts, read 831,181 times
This last winter and the safe act have been two pretty big straws on the camels back for some. There is nothing anyone can do about the weather and this state is owned politically by a machine that is the Democrats so what do people do, they move. Just realities, nothing more.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TughillTina View Post
This last winter and the safe act have been two pretty big straws on the camels back for some. There is nothing anyone can do about the weather and this state is owned politically by a machine that is the Democrats so what do people do, they move. Just realities, nothing more.
This sounds about right. I do wonder if the sentiments are the same about the winter in other states that has just as bad of or a relatively bad winter. This is considering the more mild winters in previous years.

BTW- Are they still digging themselves out in Lacona?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:14 AM

Relatives in Chicago are ready to boogy south too so by no means is this a New York thing.

Not sure about Lacona BUt I still have snow in my front yard. BLAH !!

Old 04-23-2014, 10:17 AM

2,909 posts, read 4,271,079 times
Quote:
This sounds about right. I do wonder if the sentiments are the same about the winter in other states that has just as bad of or a relatively bad winter. This is considering the more mild winters in previous years.

My dad lives off the Dixie Hiway and when I was down this winter refuges of winter were pouring in from Michigan and all over the Midwest in addition to NYer. Not so many from other NE states as they tend to stay close to I95

Old 04-23-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
My dad lives off the Dixie Hiway and when I was down this winter refuges of winter were pouring in from Michigan and all over the Midwest in addition to NYer. Not so many from other NE states as they tend to stay close to I95
Hopefully, these people don't flip, if the weather is "too hot" too.

TughillTina, given your screen name, say it ain't so about the snow in your yard.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:21 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:

Most of the northerners I speak to on a daily basis, their first reason for moving is 85% of the time due to harsh winters and they being sick of them.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:00 PM

Yes and to add insult to injury, let the flooding begin. Black River was sitting at its third highest level of flood stages.
Firemen gave up pumping out basements because there was no where to put the water. Fun stuff !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York