Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 09:58 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogger65 View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you serious Vintage?
The roads I have to travel in western NY are horrible! Take a drive from PA border into NYS on the I-86 Sheridan, Clymer NY area then travel I-86 in NYS to the Hinsdale NY Exit a 90 minute of dodging potholes,

Now if your lucky enough to "NOT" have a flat tire or broken Springs, Busted tie-rods take exit in Hinsdale NY and head North on RT 16 AND drive another hour of dodging potholes on Rt 16 until you reach Rt 39 In Yorkshire NY turn right on Rt 39 and head East into Arcade NY, where drivers are being harassed by police for dodging potholes (Thinking your drunk) and If your still lucky to not have your vehicle all out of alignment I will almost guarantee that by the time you reach Rt 98 North IN ARCADE NY, You will have severe damage done to your vehicle. One should NOT have severe damage to their vehicle after driving just 3 hours in NYS.

And dont tell me to pass the cost on to NYS because they "dont want to hear it"

Its like a minefield (Haha the NYS says "Just reduce your speed" AND our own local news says Western NY is just ONE BIG POTHOLE (See news video here)
Pothole Riddled Rt. 39 in Arcade Set for July Re-Paving
I have no idea about the roads you're mentioning. I didn't bring them up. I was talking about the Thruway from NYC to Albany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Q44

894 posts, read 1,030,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Yeah, round trip including the Tappan Zee its $25. Its expensive, no doubt, especially since you can travel in many states for free.

Ever try taking the Taconic or crossing at I-84?
I actually live on the east side of the Hudson not too far from the Taconic. I'll use it to get to The Bronx or Long Island, it is one of the nicest roads in NY except for the narrow winding suicidal stretch through Putnam county. Problem is the 55 speed limit is a *****, and there are troopers every few miles and I swear I've seen people pulled over who could not have been doing 60.

For getting in to Manhattan I use the Thruway, I need the speed and as I get older I need a rest stop.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:09 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Yeah, round trip including the Tappan Zee its $25. Its expensive, no doubt, especially since you can travel in many states for free.

Ever try taking the Taconic or crossing at I-84?
This is the route I've been taking about 3 to 1 over the thruway route. It's that Tappan Zee toll that makes my eyes pop. As far as rest stops, for now I can make the 2&a half to 3 hour drive no problem...for now! At first the speed was hard to get used to. But I keep it at 60 & see troopers every few miles with someone pulled over. I got so fed up with traffic delays/accidents/construction, that I have convinced myself the Taconic is only about 10 minutes slower overall from Albany to NYC. My blood pressure is probably a lot lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York