Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 04:46 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
it's getting really bad nowadays. First these business owners are punished for being Christian, next thing you now the gays will be wanting to join the chritian church.

Fgt's need to keep their sexual prefences private. This whole pride movement is such a black eye on the US.
As someone who has several gay married friends I find what you said very offensive! As for the farm stopping weddings altogether I thinks it's f...ing ridiculous!!! I was just telling my husband about this thread and he agrees with me. In fact he said he hopes the farm land stops bearing fruit. It's discrimination plain and simple!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
All they had to say was something like this to the couple: '"By New York State Law, we must accommodate you. But you should know that we think homosexuality is a sin, and is against everything be believe in." Or something like that. The couple would have run away.
Are you for real with this statement?? I am just so appalled by the fact that a vast majority of people still do not accept gays. People want to gays to keep their sexuality private? Well how about those so called righteous Christians keeping their opinions private? BTW I don't know if you accept gays or not I was merely making a generalized statement.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:44 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,004,797 times
How about, since the farm didn't want to do their ceremony they just look elsewhere ??? I am white, and if I, say, went to an all black barber shop, and they told me they refused to cut my hair cuz I'm white, I'd just go to another barber shop. But everyone has to be a victim, right ?

Old 10-20-2014, 07:48 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,945,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
How about, since the farm didn't want to do their ceremony they just look elsewhere ??? I am white, and if I, say, went to an all black barber shop, and they told me they refused to cut my hair cuz I'm white, I'd just go to another barber shop. But everyone has to be a victim, right ?
So, when was the last time you went into an "all black" barber shop and asked for a cut? Just wondering.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:24 PM

245 posts, read 431,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
It isn't so much about the farm refusing to accommodate. It's not like the farm had a spectacular view of mountains, eternal fall foliage and unicorn rainbows. It's a regular farm. I doubt any same-sex couples were disappointed that they couldn't get married there.

But they are disappointed that the farm holds that attitude. The outcry over this farm is about something bigger than the location. It's about the childish notion that homosexuals are second class citizens who don't deserve equal treatment, and that somehow, people still believe that today. This notion has absolutely no place in modern society, and I support any movement that squashes it.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:48 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsauce711 View Post
It isn't so much about the farm refusing to accommodate. It's not like the farm had a spectacular view of mountains, eternal fall foliage and unicorn rainbows. It's a regular farm. I doubt any same-sex couples were disappointed that they couldn't get married there.

But they are disappointed that the farm holds that attitude. The outcry over this farm is about something bigger than the location. It's about the childish notion that homosexuals are second class citizens who don't deserve equal treatment, and that somehow, people still believe that today. This notion has absolutely no place in modern society, and I support any movement that squashes it.
I agree 100%, you didn't see this business asking other people if they've ever been divorced, have they ever committed adultery, have ever stole anything, have ever been disrespectful to the parents ....

(on a sidenote, I hope you saw my response to your last post)

Old 10-21-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsauce711 View Post

I also agree 100% with your last statement

Old 10-21-2014, 05:55 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,382,750 times
Farmer would say "Gun, boy get the Gun"..........no really uhmmmmmmm it is their property and if they do not want to host a persons wedding they can. The question is???????????

Is it because of their sexual identity or because they just do not want to host them. Owenr of land have right to invite certain people on the land.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:04 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
Farmer would say "Gun, boy get the Gun"..........no really uhmmmmmmm it is their property and if they do not want to host a persons wedding they can. The question is???????????

Is it because of their sexual identity or because they just do not want to host them. Owenr of land have right to invite certain people on the land.
It is really incomprehensible to me that liberals cannot possibly understand the concept that we lose FAR MORE liberty as a whole by allowing the government to tell us what to do with our property than we do if we have to "suffer" the fact that some people - yes, even now - will use the freedom to control their own property to refuse service to certain people.

The libbies probably don't even realize that they are simultaneously pushing for government control of your property and your thoughts when they address issues such as this. Liberals, not simple farm owners, are by far the biggest threat our nation has ever faced. No terrorist group can ever approach the level of disdain that I will hold for liberals until the day I die. Well, except for progressives...

Old 10-22-2014, 10:01 AM

4 posts, read 5,872 times
All these gay people everywhere ruining everything about society as we know it is totally not normal and never will be, no matter what they say or how many times they are front and back page news. http://lifehealthus.com/image/images/122.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York