Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2008, 10:28 PM

2 posts, read 10,830 times

Advertisements

My husband and I along w/our children are planning to move to Rockland County, NY (Nanuet, W. Nyack) after the school year '08. Can anyone tell me about childcare - specifically before school. We both work in the city and as our schedule to depart for work conflicts with the kids start time at school, we are trying to inquire about child care programs that will allow the school buses to pick them up there and drop them off at school. Kids are in elem and middle school. After school is no prob - we have that covered. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 09:07 PM

110 posts, read 496,424 times
The best advice is to contact the school distirct once you have purchased your home and ask what their policy is. Many parents have someone come to their home to put the children on the bus for them. Or they drop them off at a neighbor's home in the same school and they notify the school that they are doing this. Hope this helped. I am a realtor here in Rockland County and if I can help you with anything else just email me.
Best wishes to you!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 10,830 times
Thanks very much for the advice "acip". That's what I have heard but wanted to get more feedback on this subject. Best wishes right back at you.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 5,190 times
Stony Point is nice - we have a beautiful house with a pool for sale.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,143 times
I Don't Know If This Could Be Of Some Help But If Stony Point Isn't Too Far For You To Drop The Kids Off At My Home, I Can Drive Them To School From My Home. I Am A Female, Trustworthy And Honest. How Much Would You Be Willing To Spend?

Old 07-15-2008, 06:00 PM

7 posts, read 24,300 times
Hello i have a friend who lives in springvalley but in a better section but she runs a daycare out of her home she has a beautiful home and she been in the business for 20 years if you are still looking let me know and i will give you her contact number.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:32 PM

52 posts, read 567,326 times
There are some school districts that offer a breakfast program that allow you to drop your children off early and have breakfast.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTHEMOVEFROMNYC View Post
Hello i have a friend who lives in springvalley but in a better section but she runs a daycare out of her home she has a beautiful home and she been in the business for 20 years if you are still looking let me know and i will give you her contact number.
Hi, I've been searching for day care for my 7 month old son and I saw your post about your friend in Spring Valley. Would you mind sending her name and phone number? Would you happen to know if she has any children attending her day care right now? Thank you for the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York