Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2008, 06:10 AM

81 posts, read 349,846 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts on these towns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 12:35 PM

18 posts, read 54,044 times
Spencertown & Austerlitz is a Quiet area, beautiful rolling hills, as your neighbors are the berkshires and green mountains, some farms still left, some beautiful old homes, but trailers, doublewides, and small ranch houses also dot the landscape. State Rte 22 is a main north/south route, no major traffic problems, but known as a truck route, and your just a short drive from Albany/Troy, Mass. & Vermont. I've never noticed much of a village area but I'm only passin through on my way to other places on 22. You would probably have to drive 15 miles or more for any decent size grocery store. If you like a real rural feel you'll get it here! For more of busy town/village feel I would look into Chatham or Hoosick Falls about equal distance in opposite directions. Some other slightly more populated communites but not as busy as Chatham or Hoosick Falls are Kinderhook (ADORABLE!!), Cambridge, Salem(heard its cute!),Hillsdale or Ghent...small town feel but don't feel like your stranded in these areas...with more specific personal needs posted, you'll get more feedback on different communities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York