Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,646 times

Advertisements

Ticket Ez pass sign only , How many points is this ticket? Should i just pay it and not go to court ?
I have a ez pass but i left it home and officer saw me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 03:44 PM

308 posts, read 506,549 times
Are you saying an officer pulled you over after witnessing you go through an ez pass lane without an ez pass?

I've driven through those tolls without my pass quite a few times and the sign just says call ez pass.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:48 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
If NY is anything like MD you'll get a fine notice in the mail in a couple weeks with a picture of your car and license plate. We don't get assessed points for it.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:55 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,828,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon827 View Post
Ticket Ez pass sign only , How many points is this ticket? Should i just pay it and not go to court ?
I have a ez pass but i left it home and officer saw me
What you have to do is call Ezpass, and tell them your story, usually within 48 hours, they can waive the fine and just charge you for the toll fee.

I have done it myself. No problem at all.

Otherwise, you will have to pay a fine. ($50 + the toll fee)

Old 05-24-2016, 04:51 PM

3 posts, read 2,414 times
Hi, I got a second notice asking me to pay for 50 dollars plus the toll. I never receive the first notice which doesn't have the 50 dollars penalty. Can I call someone and ask them to waive the penalty. I would pay for the unpaid toll if I got my first notice. Thanks

Old 05-24-2016, 06:56 PM

235 posts, read 248,010 times
Might the original poster clarify the event? Did he drive to a MTA Bridges&Tunnels toll booth with a gate (EZ Pass Only lane), get stopped by the gate, and get written up by an officer? Or did he cruise through a gateless lane on the NYS Thruway and the camera caught his plate?
---
Northbound on I-95 in New Rochelle, with my pass in the glove compartment, I drove through the 25 mph EZ Pass reader lane and the camera recorded my plate. The plate matched my EZPass account, so I was charged the EZ rate, no surcharge, no penalty. The monthly statement showed my plate number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: