Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 07:13 AM

7 posts, read 30,128 times

Advertisements

I saw a posting a while back on the Forum about Glens Falls. Since then I have spent a considerable amount of time in the City. I can't believe how this City has transformed over the past couple of years.

I am seriously thinking about buying a Condo at Crandall Square Condominium. I have not seen a Condo that provides so much value and high level of finishes. What a great area it is located and there are many floor plan layouts to chooe. I am tired of the maintenance around my large home and I don't know what I will do with the extra time that I pick up by not having to mow the lawn, do repairs, paint, cleaning etc..

Any thoughts about moving to Downtown?? I would love to hear from anyone else that visited the Crandall Square Condos. I understand the same development group is planning 14 retail stores for Downtown Glens Falls and some Loft Apartments.

What do you think about this little City? I see so much new construction and residents moving there. Did you see the new $18 million Library going up?? Where is all this money coming from? I can't find any negatives about this City and my due diligence tells me this is a nice place to live.

I keep looking at the Virtual Tour of the Crandall Square Condos at CirclePix Tour and think I am going to move to Glens Falls.

Can anyone provide me more info on Glens Falls and any comments on the development going on? Any other Condo buyers out there??

Thanks for your assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 04:43 PM

3 posts, read 17,540 times
Default Not planning to move downtown but...

My wife and have started going there on weekends for the restuarants...

We like Siam Sushi and the pasta bar at the Gourmet Cafe. The owner at the pasta bar really works hard to make a great experience.

We have looked at Crandall Square and they were very impressive. The money is definitely flowing into GF's not sure why, maybe antipication of the tech park in Malta?

I keep hoping to find an opportunity to invest in the downtown area. From what I can see, there is a lot of small passion players working to make something unique there and I think that is what sets GF's apart as an investment. They need to do something with South Street though if the city is to really become a place people actually want to live.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:53 PM

585 posts, read 2,222,522 times
I spent a tiny amount in Glens Falls. Looks like a nice town except for that South Street stretch with the bars and gambling areas. The street "seemed" to be a bit seedy. The rest of downtown seems very nice...(love Davidson Brothers Brewery). Even Saratoga Springs doesnt' have a Brewpub.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:53 PM

7 posts, read 30,128 times
Smile South Street is Now Designated a Redevelopment District

I agree that South Street needs some TLC. However it is very much a part of Downtown Glens Falls. The area from the Veteran's Monument to the previous Henry Hudson Townhouses has been designated an Area for Redevelopment and is eligible for BOA (Brownfield Opportunity Area monies) from New York State. Two developers are going to build 12 retail storefronts and 25+ Loft Apartments. Remember the age old adage, "Rome was not built in a Day". Everyone has passed over this area and it was neglected for decades. Things are now shaping up and one can clearly see this when you visit Glens Falls. Spend some time here and you will grow to appreciate this little City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York