Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 03:40 PM

20 posts, read 27,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindflowers View Post
@ckhthankgod, I should stop pretending I even know what I want haha Let me read your post in the other thread I made - I need to know more about the 'burbs.
Ok, I looked over your other post I think the furthest out I'd be willing to go on the west/northwest is around Solvay/Salina? (I'm just looking at my Apple Maps, by the way haha) And East Syracuse/DeWitt to the east. I'm not too picky, especially since these areas are surrounded by anything I could possibly need. Maybe an area that has affordable apartments but still in a nicer area, and possibly near its own little strip of things to do? I'm kinda thinking like the Rochester Hills/Rochester border in Michigan, if you're familiar with that area. But less old people would be nice lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 04:01 PM

93,328 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Ok, I looked over your other post I think the furthest out I'd be willing to go on the west/northwest is around Solvay/Salina? (I'm just looking at my Apple Maps, by the way haha) And East Syracuse/DeWitt to the east. I'm not too picky, especially since these areas are surrounded by anything I could possibly need. Maybe an area that has affordable apartments but still in a nicer area, and possibly near its own little strip of things to do? I'm kinda thinking like the Rochester Hills/Rochester border in Michigan, if you're familiar with that area. But less old people would be nice lol
To the East, this complex in DeWitt comes to mind: Maplewood Apartment Homes - DLH Properties, Inc

You have a shopping plaza next door, with a grocery store and some others down the street. You can still get to Westcott within minutes by car or bike(or even walk).

To the west, you have these complexes near Westhill HS and down the street from Western Lights Plaza, which has a Wegmans and a Price Chopper across the street, some restaurants, a Rite-Aid, etc in the area: Winkworth Apartment Homes - DLH Properties, Inc

https://barringtonresidential.com/ba...partments.html

You can go to Tipperary Hill(inc. Burnet Park/Zoo, Irish pubs/Coleman's) or Armory Square within minutes by car from either location.

There are others that may work as well, but those are some that come to mind.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:35 PM

Update: I am now living in Syracuse!
Thanks so much to everyone for all the help.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Update: I am now living in Syracuse!
Thanks so much to everyone for all the help.
Wow! Thanks for the update, as you don't get too many of those.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Wow! Thanks for the update, as you don't get too many of those.
It was quite a process, but everything worked out pretty smoothly. Now it's time to get exploring!

Old 06-06-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
It was quite a process, but everything worked out pretty smoothly. Now it's time to get exploring!
If you don't mind me asking, but what side of town or area did you settle in?

Old 06-08-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
If you don't mind me asking, but what side of town or area did you settle in?
I ended up in North Syracuse! It became a matter of finding the most affordable apartments, really. I found a great roommate and we signed a lease for an apartment that we love. I haven't had much time to explore yet, but I'm getting there!

Old 06-11-2017, 07:19 AM

937 posts, read 699,747 times
Quote:
Reminded me of you
All he seems to care about is food.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:56 PM

14 posts, read 20,268 times
You left San Diego and want to move to Upstate NY. Wow. Okay what is bringing you out here?

Ithaca is basically bankrupt with the exception of IC and Cornell. They do weed for breakfast and heroin when they are bored.

Buffalo and Rochester are it but Buffalo has a better future plus it's much bigger but nothing is compared to San Diego. SD is amazing. What about Boston or Philly?

I just honestly can't imagine anyone wanting to move to Upstate NY.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiasedviews View Post
You left San Diego and want to move to Upstate NY. Wow. Okay what is bringing you out here?

Ithaca is basically bankrupt with the exception of IC and Cornell. They do weed for breakfast and heroin when they are bored.

Buffalo and Rochester are it but Buffalo has a better future plus it's much bigger but nothing is compared to San Diego. SD is amazing. What about Boston or Philly?

I just honestly can't imagine anyone wanting to move to Upstate NY.
Where did you see San Diego in the thread? The OP is coming from the Detroit area.

I also don't know where you got your other information from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York