Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2017, 03:22 PM

461 posts, read 555,225 times

Advertisements

Ok has anyone out here lived in these 2 places? Its ok if not but a little bit about me.

I am single, 36 years old, tired of most people I meet in the cities or upper middle suburban types. I am seeking work however I understand Upstate NY isnt the greatest job economy. I am friendly when the vibe is right.

I am looking around Plattsburgh, maybe in too but I could pick an outer town like Malone, Chateaugay, Cadyville perhaps where my grandma and uncle live. My uncle actually runs Augies Pizza. I might as well put that out there right now. I am originally from the Boston area, lived in California, St Petersburg/Tampa as of most recent. But I am truthfully seeking a more wholesome place where more people are normal despite the fact it a poorer more rural country lifestyle. I am under the impression myself that Upstate types are nicer than many, not as snobby types when you get north of Albany some. At least nothing like the nonsense I see in Florida anyhow even if there is. I also like the higher white % of your area too.. I'd be lying if I said I didn't. I want to be in a safer place when the SHTF. I may have to move back to MA in the meantime once my mom can finally move back to the east coast so its a process. I am in FL, I cant stand it though. I will take snow if it means I find tradeoffs for other reasons like less crowds, nicer people and so forth.

My grandma and my mom often try to feed my head with nonsense like so many people are lowlifes Upstate, its nowhere you want to live and yada yada yada.. my mom says oh I could get murdered by the locals since they hate new people.. BULL**** I say...I'm more concerned with dindu nuffins and drugs around me than anything up there, but if they only saw in person the lowlifes I do in Florida, they might get why I want this kind of lifestyle in the north country with all the crap I been through. So if I was going to come to your area, I would not price it up, I would not bring crime and trouble. I am seeking as little of that as possible.

Tell me some of the negatives I need to be wary of, but I'd be lying if I told you I didnt see the Plattsburgh area as heaven next to St Petersburg FL which is growing in crime more rapidly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 1,963 times
Thumbs down Oh no: - NEVER move here

Please: do yourself a favor and NEVER move to Plattsburgh, NY: you will only be highly disappointed. Visiting briefly for the summer can be misleading: NEVER live year-round. Some of the most horrible people you'll ever meet are from Plattsburgh and Clinton County, NY and you cannot change them. They are REALLY super nasty. Most petty, quarrelsome and bickering people you'll ever meet, and they think that's even flirting! And they're all frumpy, tacky, and ugly there. A few full-of-themselves families who would never make it anywhere else hoard all the good jobs there. It's miserable.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:14 PM

93,413 posts, read 124,084,833 times
^Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York