Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 06:29 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
But then they elect the slimiest, most corrupt, New Yorker that could be scraped off the sidewalk, Donald Trump. He doesn't sound like the Sopranos but rather Ding Dong School, or the ramblings in the playroom of a mental institution.
Trump spoke to the deeply rooted hatreds that middle America wants to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 07:19 AM

5,823 posts, read 2,943,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Cuomo won't do well outside of NYC. He's third generation Italian and speaks with an accent. His father didn't have it but somehow his son Andrew got it. It's not just his accent, he looks like a villain.

He is not well spoken, which means not well read. How did he get elected is a mystery.

He is or was a booze hound though.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:26 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
He is not well spoken, which means not well read. How did he get elected is a mystery.

I was a big fan of his father but this time the apple fell miles from the tree.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:47 AM

192 posts, read 187,548 times
I think he was absolutely 100% correct. It was never great for women, or black people, or recent immigrants, and now is not great for anyone who isn't a 1%. So instead of correcting past mistakes, it's kind of moving backward, getting worst for more people instead of less.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:06 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Cuomo is a piece of crap. This just sealed the deal.
This. He just committed political suicide. Only downhill from here for this programmed simp. He is just another mouthpiece for CNN like his brother.

Americans and more importantly NYers can see right through his generic facade.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:19 PM

329 posts, read 299,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Well Cuomo was right for everyone except Trump supporters. His free NY college program was a good start. Now he needs to legalize recreational Marijuana in NY to seal the deal. These are things most people are in favor of. So far he is heading toward the Democratic nomination in 2020. His father wanted to run for president but backed out after Clinton played the mafia card. If Trump continues to be a joke get ready for president Cuomo. Being progressive is the only way Cuomo can win the White House, the way Bernie would have if he had gotten the nomination. People are tired of the same old BS promises and no action perpetuated by both parties. Except for the rhetoric there is no difference between Obama, Hillary, Trump, or Bush. They serve the major corporate interests first, the people second, and give the electorate mostly a lot of hot air.
There's one in every crowd

Old 08-27-2018, 12:27 PM

1,121 posts, read 591,353 times
Cuomo is targeting females for their votes. It's a harmful direction to keep going because women are not minorities here. He is putting a carrot on a stick to trick the donkey.

Here are a few stats that I researched online:

According to worldpopulationreview.com, as of 2018, this is the current New York City Gender Ratio:
Female 52.33%
Male 47.67%

Thus, females are not "minorities".

According to statista.com, the percentage of men and women who completed 4-year college in the USA in 2018 is:
Female 34.6%
Male 33.7

And if you see the chart over the next several years, women are set to dramatically outpace men many years to come.

According to the website for National Center for Education Statistics, the male/female ratio of college students as of 2018 is:
Male 8,675,000
Female 11,249,000

And if you see their charts it shows the projections into the future years and women are set to dramatically outpace men for many years to come.

According to NYC.gov, here are a few other current population facts that challenge this protect the poor "minority" craze:
  • New York City has the largest Chinese population of any city outside of Asia.
  • More persons of West Indian ancestry live in New York City than any city outside of the West Indies.
  • New York has the largest Puerto Rican population of any city in the world.
  • More Dominicans live in New York than any other city in the world, barring Santo Domingo.
Thus, these said groups are not "minorities".

Old 08-27-2018, 02:08 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post

I went to high school with him and sat in classes with him. He was undistinguished as a student, never said anything in class or was a leader in any student activities. The last day of classes he was the last person I saw as I drove away from Molloy, he was driving an old Mercedes. I never thought there goes the future governor and likely presidential candidate.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:42 PM

5,823 posts, read 2,943,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I went to high school with him and sat in classes with him. He was undistinguished as a student, never said anything in class or was a leader in any student activities. The last day of classes he was the last person I saw as I drove away from Molloy, he was driving an old Mercedes. I never thought there goes the future governor and likely presidential candidate.

Its amazing how far you can get when your dad is a big wig.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:08 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I was a big fan of his father but this time the apple fell miles from the tree.
Oh I don't know...

Like the father AC loves the sound of his own voice too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York