Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 05:23 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Well Cuomo was right for everyone except Trump supporters. His free NY college program was a good start. Now he needs to legalize recreational Marijuana in NY to seal the deal. These are things most people are in favor of. So far he is heading toward the Democratic nomination in 2020. His father wanted to run for president but backed out after Clinton played the mafia card. If Trump continues to be a joke get ready for president Cuomo. Being progressive is the only way Cuomo can win the White House, the way Bernie would have if he had gotten the nomination. People are tired of the same old BS promises and no action perpetuated by both parties. Except for the rhetoric there is no difference between Obama, Hillary, Trump, or Bush. They serve the major corporate interests first, the people second, and give the electorate mostly a lot of hot air.
I think you’ve been smoking some of that medical marijuana.

Cuomo is so deep into the Democratic Party he is the ultimate insider. A progressive will NEVER win if he goes too far to the left. NY, CA, OR, WA? Sure. But he would be challenged to get 20 more electoral votes than Hillary did.

Plus he has a face for radio and a strong NY accent which won’t help him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 06:02 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Anyone who likes Cuomo’s “free” college program hasn’t looked at specifics (or they are a leftist).

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-30-2018, 08:01 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Anyone who likes Cuomo’s “free” college program hasn’t looked at specifics (or they are a leftist).
Nothing is free, someone always pays for it.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:38 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Nothing is free, someone always pays for it.
Exactly. I’m a lefty and I’ve never understood how college could be free community or otherwise unless you’re one of the Ivies or other university with a humongous endowment and even then not every student. Doesn’t make sense.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:26 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
There’s more to it than that. Check out the stipulations it puts on the student.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-30-2018, 10:49 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
MAGA is nonsensical bullsh*t electioneering PERIOD and any jackasses that fall for the slogan are deplorable morons.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:05 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
MAGA is nonsensical bullsh*t electioneering PERIOD and any jackasses that fall for the slogan are deplorable morons.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:24 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'm surprised that apparently no one posted about his startling remark, "We're not going to make America great again - it was never that great."

I was amused by his audacity, since mostly Americans want to be endlessly flattered. Personally, I took it to mean that the past greatness that Trump hints at was not so rosy as some people like to imagine, whether in terms of World Wars, polio epidemics, the Great Depression, segregation, and all that.

Hey, we didn't get involved in WWI or WWII until we were forced to be, so I wouldn't necessarily mention that, and then once we were in we got the job done. Vietnam would be more along those lines, because we had no business being over there. Polio wasn't just happening in the US, so we can't own that either. Ditto the Depression - that was world-wide.

But segregation/Civil Rights, women's rights, LGBT rights, the allowing of people to flaunt their Christianity and try to use it to affect public policy, how far behind we are in quality of life and standard of living... yeah, we do have a ways to go.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:33 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Depression ended only with World War 2.
Soldiers don't come home with big pockets of cash, they come home with immense NEEDS. Now they would come home to no jobs and no way to pay for roofs over their heads, and a drug addiction to boot.

Did you learn nothing from returning Vietnam vets?
Seriously? My grandfather came home to none of those issues following WWII. He was self-employed, along with his father, because they ran a general store and gas station. They also both worked for the USPS, besides. My dad and his 5 siblings never went without.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:11 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
There’s more to it than that. Check out the stipulations it puts on the student.
Yes, I get it. Even the GI bill, awesome as it is, has restrictions/limitations and I'm not referring to public/private/yellow ribbon stuff either. Education in this country is way too complicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York