Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 12:07 PM

12 posts, read 13,813 times

Advertisements

I just now realize that this location is actually a CDP hamlet known as Viola in Ramapo. It is not actually just a neighbrohood.
Can anybody share on how different Viola is from Monsey, or is it pretty much one and the same, and there is little to no difference??
Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 07:12 AM

352 posts, read 386,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venusqueen View Post
...The property I am considering seems to have been on the market since 2009. Or at least the records I pulled showed that there had been desire to sell since then.
As of right now, it seems to have been listed officially, for almost 3 years. Further it is asking for almost half the price it was asking almost 10 years ago...
This would concern me as much, or more, than the Hasidicness of the neighborhood and your "fitting in". Something could be seriously amiss here, either environmentally, structurally, titualary, nearby neighbors, etc. Be careful with your sudden wealth situation.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:26 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberto9 View Post
This would concern me as much, or more, than the Hasidicness of the neighborhood and your "fitting in". Something could be seriously amiss here, either environmentally, structurally, titualary, nearby neighbors, etc. Be careful with your sudden wealth situation.
That's my thought. A property that is remarkably better in Monsey, NY? Me personally, I would not even look at it, there's so many problems in that school district and area. It's one of the few cases of me getting mad at humanity, East Ramopo and all those Haitian immigrants deserve better. That school district went from great to bottom barrel in less time I've been alive and I'm not even 30 yet, that's scary.

I feel like if I were to want expansive or w/e beyond what the nice parts of Rockland and Westchester can offer (and Bergan County in NJ), I'd look into Orange County and Putnam County. Somewhere away from Kiryas Joel and East Ramapo. Private school is expensive, and there are very good public schools in NY, just not for that property. On top of that, your property tax on that property is feeding into the infestation of East Ramapo and the yeshivas regardless if you have kids in the school. That would make me sick morally.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:14 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,005,101 times
OP, I wouldn’t even look at anything in Monsey. Unless you are Hasidic, you will be looked at differently every single time you step outside your home. You will be scorned for dressing what they consider “provocatively “, which could be anything from a short sleeve shirt to a skirt above the knee or shorts. Stay far away from these racist hypocrites and find a great neighborhood where you don’t have to look over your shoulder. I lived in Orange County in a town adjacent to their illegal unconstitutional little,village and it was a nightmare. But I sucked it up, sold my house moved out of state and am far happier where I am now for a variety of reasons.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:57 AM

12 posts, read 13,813 times
@halberto9, @Javawood, @sithlord72 thanks a lot for your feedback! Greatly aprreciated and will be taking all that has been said into consideration as I move forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York