Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 08:08 AM

2,909 posts, read 4,271,079 times

Advertisements

Clinton is an odd little town mostly there for the school. If you live/work in town its nice enough town. If you don't live/work in town you likely will never see it. I used to go to Clinton now and again for a store that sold hundreds of different K-cup coffee. It was a fun thing but when I stopped I haven't been to Clinton in years.

Utica is a nice enough rust belt city. Its pretty run down but other then that its safe enough. It has the services to support the people who live and work in its borders. All most nothing in Utica to draw people in from out of town. Except to cut across it or use the train station I haven't been in Utica is several years.

For reference I live dead center between Utica and Syracuse. Its been several years since I've been to either. Its not difficult to think I may live the rest of my life without entering either again. Just nothing in either. The suburbs are where stuff is.

Which brings us to Rome and New Hartford.

These two places have most of the big box retail and eateries you would expect. The ones they don't have both don't have and most of what they do they both have. Each has a couple spots the other doesn't.

Both have many great places to eat. Local and national. I'd give the nod to Rome on this but you won't starve in NH either.

NH is much more compact. Traffic is also much tighter. Remember that its Upstate NY traffic which is very tame compared to more prosperous ares.

Rome is very sprawled out. Its gotta be 10 miles from Mohawk Acres Plaza to Rome/Taberg Plaza.

Both Rome and NH have Hannaford/Aldi's/Walmart and Price Chopper. Rome may also have a Tops. If not plenty of Tops in the general area.

I don't generally care about the people around me but I'm aware other people are bothered by different things. NH people are largely pretty upscale. In Rome your gonna see meth heads. They don't bother me none but they are noticeable.

Because I live outside of all towns I have my pick. I generally pick Rome. More so so if I'm hungry. If I had to live in one and money was no issue I would prolly rather live in NH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 10:17 AM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
This is an area of Utica that has seen some recent revitalization: Bagg's Square awards nomination page

Old 03-28-2019, 06:44 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,976 times
HI all! Anyone that currently lives in the Clinton area tell me some information on Clinton House apartments and New Carriage House apartments? Also, has anyone experienced living in hillside garden apartments or wedgewood apartments? all feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 03-28-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
HI all! Anyone that currently lives in the Clinton area tell me some information on Clinton House apartments and New Carriage House apartments? Also, has anyone experienced living in hillside garden apartments or wedgewood apartments? all feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Are you currently in the area or looking to move to the area?

Old 04-01-2019, 04:55 AM

Currently renting in NH- (private home)

Old 04-01-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Currently renting in NH- (private home)
So, are you looking to move to the area?

Old 04-01-2019, 08:10 AM

Hopefully? The place we are renting in New Hartford will be going on the market over the summer- we looked at apts over in clinton house and will be looking at some in New Carriage soon. Wanted some feed back if possible on those 2- we have 2 elementary school aged kids. We liked the small village feel. We have also seen apts over at Pheasants, Wedgewood and hillcrest. Right now Clinton House is what we are leaning towards - waiting to see new carriage to decide.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Hopefully? The place we are renting in New Hartford will be going on the market over the summer- we looked at apts over in clinton house and will be looking at some in New Carriage soon. Wanted some feed back if possible on those 2- we have 2 elementary school aged kids. We liked the small village feel. We have also seen apts over at Pheasants, Wedgewood and hillcrest. Right now Clinton House is what we are leaning towards - waiting to see new carriage to decide.
Not sure about the apartments themselves, but Clinton SD has a good reputation in the area. Hopefully, someone will chime in with more specific information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York