Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 07:14 AM

2,591 posts, read 3,384,161 times

Advertisements

The Democratic party is a joke. I don't want some geriatric old man like Biden and Sanders running this country and the rest of the circus looks no better. Not a single candidate from the democratic party looks promising. They are all just a bunch of attention grabbing, SJW clowns. And thanks to all these losers Trump will get reelected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 07:57 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,605,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
The Democratic party is a joke. I don't want some geriatric old man like Biden and Sanders running this country and the rest of the circus looks no better. Not a single candidate from the democratic party looks promising. They are all just a bunch of attention grabbing, SJW clowns. And thanks to all these losers Trump will get reelected.

At this stage of politics the level headed moderates never get anywhere. Look at the GOP field in 2016 for evidence.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:58 AM

5,451 posts, read 5,679,560 times
If Sanders wins it would be good for Republicans as well, because I don't think it is legal to run a corpse for a reelection (although Ginsburg is proving me wrong here). With all due respect I don't think Sanders can govern in 2028...

Old 02-20-2019, 09:15 AM
Q44

894 posts, read 1,026,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yes. He will be the "favorite son" as the only major candidate with significant NY roots (born and raised in Brooklyn).
Kirsten Gillibrand is from NY as well, as far as the Democratic primary. She's younger and a woman obviously so that's a factor. Although she's an irrelevant fraud who has never accomplished anything. She may have actually taken over Chuck Schumer's title of biggest camera and microphone hog in politics.

If Bernie did somehow win the Democratic nomination he would as you say be a native NYer running - Against Donald Trump who is a NYer as well, and I would expect in that case Howard Schultz would run as an Independent and he is of course from Brooklyn like Bernie.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:30 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,113,016 times
Maduro 2.0

Old 02-21-2019, 01:24 AM

30,566 posts, read 18,069,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q44 View Post
Kirsten Gillibrand is from NY as well, as far as the Democratic primary. She's younger and a woman obviously so that's a factor. Although she's an irrelevant fraud who has never accomplished anything. She may have actually taken over Chuck Schumer's title of biggest camera and microphone hog in politics.

If Bernie did somehow win the Democratic nomination he would as you say be a native NYer running - Against Donald Trump who is a NYer as well, and I would expect in that case Howard Schultz would run as an Independent and he is of course from Brooklyn like Bernie.
Very true (although the wording of the OP seems to have changed since I posted). And she is more of a New Yorker now than Bernie is. But, Bernie's roots plus his cult following should put him over the top in the Dem Party. I'd bet on it if I was a betting man.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:05 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,172,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q44 View Post

She’s self-delusional and a hypocrite. Calling herself “a young mom” at age 52 and promising she wouldn’t run for President in October only to run 3 months later doesn’t sit well with me.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:49 AM

37 posts, read 37,634 times
Check out this guy Andrew Yang. I found him on Joe Rogan. He seems pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsEzmFamZ8

Old 02-22-2019, 11:05 PM

20,478 posts, read 4,326,425 times
If the Dems want Trump out, they need to fully back Bernie.

IMO if Hillary ran with Bernie as VP candidate, she could have won. Bernie could have leveled off the peoples feelings for her. But she thought she was invincible.

People were so sick of hearing about all her BS, they voted for anybody else. Even if it meant the "Boogie Man", they think Trump is.

Since Trump & Bernie were campaigning with similar messages, Trump got Bernie's votes when he dropped.

If the "golden girl" actually won all this current Shutdown crap wouldn't be happening. At least not for as long. The Dems are so ticked that they lost they are dragging their feet over everything.

While Kirsten Gillibrand is just a cheap Hillary clone. She doesn't have a chance being too connected to Hillary. As for Sen. Elizabeth Warren, she also doesn't have a chance. She shouldn't be pressing too hard
against Trump. It's just making her look foolish.

I think Michelle Obama would be an interesting candidate. Here's how I think it may go.

Trump vs Bernie vs Michelle Obama = 70% / 20% /10% [Trump WINS]

Trump vs Bernie/Michelle Obama = 40% / 60% [Bernie/Michelle Obama WINS]

Old 02-23-2019, 09:31 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,805,013 times
God I hope not. Guy is an embarrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York