Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2007, 06:23 AM

607 posts, read 3,551,166 times

Advertisements

Looking for a nice place to raise a family in the area of Woodstock New york.

Good schools? nice people? No gangs! Does this exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 11:16 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,058,323 times
You might ask for your post to be moved to the main NY forum to get more answers from people more familiar with the town and those living in the county.

I considered living in a nearby town, Phoenicia, and found the entire area to be well above average, attractive, and very children friendly. I can't address gangs, never saw or heard any information about high crime, but did hear there are various good schools (elementary, is what was addressed).

Many of those I know in the general area (from Woodstock to Saugerties and Phoenicia) are either artists or academics--warm, welcoming and accepting.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 AM

607 posts, read 3,551,166 times
Thanks onthroad. That's what I wanted to know. Schools #1 priority as I now live in So. Fla and the private school costs are killin' me!

How does one "move" a post?

Old 04-19-2007, 11:35 AM

Hit the "red" triangle on the upper right--and ask the thread to be moved.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyboy View Post
Thanks onthroad. That's what I wanted to know. Schools #1 priority as I now live in So. Fla and the private school costs are killin' me!

How does one "move" a post?

Old 04-20-2007, 03:22 PM

17 posts, read 116,862 times
Hi Dennyboy-
We've been looking to make the same move to the Woodstock area. I will tell you that the only homes we consider looking at are in the Onteora SD--We are NOT interested in anything that will be in the Kingston district.
We toured Woodstock ES and loved it. Bobbi Schnell (principal) was very accomodating and warm as was the rest of the staff there. If we can find the right home I think my family will be very happy in the area.(we may have to explore another town,however, as homes in Woodstock are scarce and very expensive)

Old 04-21-2007, 08:58 AM

I had a very competent real estate agent in the area and she showed me about half a dozen good houses, move-in, around Phoenicia, for around $300,000. You might try some of the towns closer to the hiwi to Hurley than to Woodstock, and even nearer to Saugerties--all within an easy drive of each other. It appears more housing was available in those two towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York