Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 4,785 times

Advertisements

HELP!! Is there anything out there employment wise for a hard working individual with an M.B.A. in Business and Marketing from Canisius College, and over twenty years experience in business, from administrative, human resources, clerical, sales and marketing to new business development and client contact. I have excellent communications skills and I am a very fast learner. My family and I will be relocating this summer to Fredonia, NY and I would like to find employment prior to my move. I welcome any imput and / or suggestions or leads that may be available. Thanks to all for your help. Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 07:27 PM

161 posts, read 703,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hirsch View Post
HELP!! Is there anything out there employment wise for a hard working individual with an M.B.A. in Business and Marketing from Canisius College, and over twenty years experience in business, from administrative, human resources, clerical, sales and marketing to new business development and client contact. I have excellent communications skills and I am a very fast learner. My family and I will be relocating this summer to Fredonia, NY and I would like to find employment prior to my move. I welcome any imput and / or suggestions or leads that may be available. Thanks to all for your help. Bill
Fredonia is not that close to here... I've never even been there! Just driven past it on my way back from other places. :-) I'm sorry to tell you that the job market in Buffalo is not very good. Perhaps in Fredonia it will be better...

Old 04-23-2008, 05:17 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,813,590 times
Why don't you contact SUNY Fredonia and ask where to job hunt? Fredonia is a college town.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 PM

94 posts, read 460,472 times
Default Hmmmm............

In your field I would suggest SUNY Fredonia, like the other poster stated. You could look into Jamestown which is a 45 min drive form there. Or maybe neighboring Dunkirk could be some help. There are a few big box stores there if thats your thing. If not I would just use your resources and look online. I know that Jamestown Community College is looking for a small business developer. That might me up your ally. Our newspaper here is the Jamestown Post-Journal and Dunkirks in the Observer. You could also check out indeed.com or somehting like careerbuiler.com or monster.com. Good luck and if you have any more questions about the area just ask.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:36 AM

41 posts, read 200,441 times
Default Jobs

Hi Bill why don't you try using usa jobs right now there is plenty of administrative jobs for NY areas from Buffalo to the city. Check them out and choose. Myself will be moving to Buffalo area shortly thanks to USAJOBS. best of luck!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 07:06 PM

58 posts, read 324,936 times
I grew up in Fredonia and graduated from SUNY Fredonia in 2005. After I graduated, I found a job in Buffalo. Fredonia is a very small town and the surrounding areas are also small...I found that the best place to find a job was in the city.

In Fredonia, the few communications jobs that exist are occupied by people who know what a good thing they have and hold onto it.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:29 PM

419 posts, read 1,397,470 times
You will not find a job within 50 miles of Fredonia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York