Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 08:40 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times

Advertisements

Every day I watch the streets flood with people. There is no end in sight to these gatherings.

My business is forcibly closed by the Governor. I can't go to church. Online church sucks, by the way, just like online school has been fake school. And online Zoom meetings and online funerals and every pathetic online thing we have been forced to do while under lockdown.

My kids' summer is gone--everything is cancelled. Their friends are gone too--most having fled the metro area with its disease and riots.

Every day there is a mass gathering somewhere. They are planned for this entire weekend. For next week as well. The streets are cleared of everything else, so why not fill them with people. I guess, why not. But we can't!! We can't have sports, business, church, synagogue, and dining out. That is banned.

What is going on? Why are we not free? Doesn't Idiot Cuomo recognize that we have been locked up for nearly three months, and are now watching the entire nation gather in massive crowds on a daily basis? Why is he persisting with his useless metrics and his phases? His army of 'contact tracers' Good luck with that one! He still persists--with a perfectly straight face.

Why does he even bother with the daily briefings anymore. What is there left to say? The virus is going to do what it is going to do after all the massive super spreading events. We don't need the numbers. Just let people make their own choices. Why are we still not free in NY?

Last edited by kmom2; 06-06-2020 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 01:17 PM

5,679 posts, read 4,081,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

Why does he even bother with the daily briefings anymore. What is there left to say? The virus is going to do what it is going to do after all the massive super spreading events. We don't need the numbers. Just let people make their own choices. Why are we still not free in NY?
He is being groomed.

Old 06-07-2020, 05:08 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Except NYC the rest of NY State has started to reopen already. Hopefully NYC will enter the first stage of reopening tomorrow, June 8th.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:14 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Except NYC the rest of NY State has started to reopen already. Hopefully NYC will enter the first stage of reopening tomorrow, June 8th.
Yes, that is true, and I share your hope.

However, the phases and stages seem laughable in light of the widespread mass gatherings. Churches must only have 25% occupancy? Why can't churches have as many people as protests. Or sports. Businesses are required to spend thousands of dollars meeting criteria, limiting customers etc. after what we've witnessed?

I'm still choosing to limit my activities because I'm concerned about Covid, so it's not like I'm going to will nilly run around. I just think we should be free to make that choice.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:18 AM

93,195 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:

However, the phases and stages seem laughable in light of the widespread mass gatherings. Churches must only have 25% occupancy? Why can't churches have as many people as protests. Or sports. Businesses are required to spend thousands of dollars meeting criteria, limiting customers etc. after what we've witnessed?

I'm still choosing to limit my activities because I'm concerned about Covid, so it's not like I'm going to will nilly run around. I just think we should be free to make that choice.
There are people that make whatever choice they want, as long as they understand the real/perceived repercussions. I know people that have still had church all along just in either numbers under 10 or outside with people in their cars. I just got this example sent to me this morning in regards to a church in KY:
https://www.kentucky.com/news/corona...243306906.html So, wisdom(and dare I say prayer) should be used when approaching this.

Sports has been very limited(WWE and UFC) and really has taken place in select locations within the country(FL and NV).

With protests, it does look like there are varied results depending on location and even within the same protest. This has been occurring at stores as well. So, you still see people that do not mask themselves when out and about.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:58 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:

NYC is starting phase 1 of reopening today and I believe other regions will be starting phase 2 later this week.

People make choices about their own personal behavior as they weigh the risks of what they are doing.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:30 AM

276 posts, read 987,317 times
Quote:
Every day I watch the streets flood with people. There is no end in sight to these gatherings.

My business is forcibly closed by the Governor. I can't go to church. Online church sucks, by the way, just like online school has been fake school. And online Zoom meetings and online funerals and every pathetic online thing we have been forced to do while under lockdown.

My kids' summer is gone--everything is cancelled. Their friends are gone too--most having fled the metro area with its disease and riots.

Every day there is a mass gathering somewhere. They are planned for this entire weekend. For next week as well. The streets are cleared of everything else, so why not fill them with people. I guess, why not. But we can't!! We can't have sports, business, church, synagogue, and dining out. That is banned.

What is going on? Why are we not free? Doesn't Idiot Cuomo recognize that we have been locked up for nearly three months, and are now watching the entire nation gather in massive crowds on a daily basis? Why is he persisting with his useless metrics and his phases? His army of 'contact tracers' Good luck with that one! He still persists--with a perfectly straight face.

This is unfortunately a political agenda at play here. This is not about Coronavirus anymore.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:04 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,445,176 times
Funny how they were still running trains 24/7 in NYC until a month ago, but other stuff had to be locked down.

Looks like NYC and the state screwed up their responses to the virus.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:33 PM

93,195 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
Funny how they were still running trains 24/7 in NYC until a month ago, but other stuff had to be locked down.

Looks like NYC and the state screwed up their responses to the virus.
You could even say the country did as well, given how it was initially underestimated and now other places are becoming hotspots.

Thankfully, NYC has opened up a bit bit today.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:03 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,449 times
Quote:

I went to a park in Rockland in April and maybe 50% of people were wearing masks.

I went to a park in Poughkeepsie 3 weeks ago where they had signs telling people which way they wanted people to move in and while there were more masks (maybe 75% of the people), a good third of the people ignored the signs and went whatever direction they wanted.

I went to Walkway on the Hudson and about 30% of the people wore masks.

I watch the local news and hear people acting like they are being quarantined despite the numbers going down without realizing the numbers are going down BECAUSE people are staying home.

I hear people STILL acting like wearing a mask is some outrageous inconvenience and that people wear them to protect themselves instead of the stated knowledge that you wear them to protect OTHERS.

And lastly, I was in the bank on SATURDAY and not only were there a few people who were not wearing or carrying masks, but the SECURITY GUARD (while I was waiting we chatted) told me he thinks the whole thing is fake.

Why are we not free? Because we're NOT smart enough to be left to our own devices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York