U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 04:43 PM

2,290 posts, read 631,129 times

Advertisements

https://www.news10.com/news/ny-news/...nabis-program/

He said on his tweet, "This program will generate much needed revenue"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 05:51 PM
Status: "Pulse Amplitude Modulation is after meh!" (set 29 days ago)

2,730 posts, read 1,038,307 times
That's great. When Cynthia Nixon ran for Governor (2018), she ran on a platform of legalizing recreational marijuana. Cuomo was not doing so great against her, then he said "we can do that." Once he said that, people put their support behind the seasoned governor.

It stalled for some reason. He said they needed to research it, which quite frankly I dont understand. You aren't re-inventing a wheel or anything. There are numerous states around us, the most recent being New Jersey, that have done it already. All of the West Coast, Nevada, Illinois, Colorado, Alaska, Hawaii and so on...we are a very liberal state when it comes to sexual/transsexual matters, but we somehow completely missed the boat when it comes to weed.

It was also said that people were afraid of it in their communities...um, not for nothing, I cant speak for all of NYS but I can hardly leave my house and walk the streets without smelling it everywhere I go.

Its awesome. Its smart. And, its a place to get revenue other than taxing already overstrained pockets.

Thank you Gov. Cuomo - please don't drag your feet anymore.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 01-06-2021 at 06:01 PM..

Old 01-06-2021, 06:14 PM

1,117 posts, read 679,048 times
Close down bars because drunks can not manage to wear their masks while social distancing but let the stoners fill the streets with pot smoke and run around wild eyed and strung up. Makes good sense. As much sense as putting redlight and speed cameras up everywhere to make the roads safer. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Like NYC doesn't have enough violence, addicts and nuts running around the subways and streets already -- lets add stoners and their dealers to the mix.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
...but let the stoners fill the streets with pot smoke and run around wild eyed and strung up. Makes good sense. As much sense as putting redlight and speed cameras up everywhere to make the roads safer. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Like NYC doesn't have enough violence, addicts and nuts running around the subways and streets already -- lets add stoners and their dealers to the mix.
Lmao, are all medical marijuana users homeless or something?

Is that the way liquor stores and tobacco/cigar shops work, you think? Are their crazed alcoholics and their thug bartenders in the streets?

No, that's what State Regulation is about. There wont be any dealers in the street. It also frees up the Police to go after harder drugs.

Lmao!

Current illegal marijuana dealers will be against this, unless they can afford to switch it up to a legitimate liscensed business.

I will add you already have stoners and dealers in the mix, the difference here is the revenue will be going in the pockets of business and the state and local governments, instead of the hands of criminals.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 01-06-2021 at 06:41 PM..

Old 01-06-2021, 07:39 PM

25,505 posts, read 38,932,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Close down bars because drunks can not manage to wear their masks while social distancing but let the stoners fill the streets with pot smoke and run around wild eyed and strung up. Makes good sense. As much sense as putting redlight and speed cameras up everywhere to make the roads safer. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Like NYC doesn't have enough violence, addicts and nuts running around the subways and streets already -- lets add stoners and their dealers to the mix.
Did someone just finish watching Reefer Madness?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-07-2021, 03:01 AM

12,624 posts, read 14,235,207 times
Cuomo is a dick.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:46 AM

1,601 posts, read 413,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
https://www.news10.com/news/ny-news/...nabis-program/

He said on his tweet, "This program will generate much needed revenue"
He's driven the state into very near bankruptcy, he's desperate and will do almost ANYTHING to generate cash. Legalize cannabis, and tax the crap out of it. I'm rather surprised that he hasn't forced the residents of NY to wear a meter that calculates how much air a person breathes, and above a certain, minimum amount, they're taxed for anything they take in, over that amount.....

Old 01-07-2021, 08:31 AM

The article reports he is also legalizing sport's betting.

COVID has been extremely costly, and we are not out of the woods yet. Even when we are free of the COVID drain, resources will need to be replenished. He can find new ways to generate income, or tax us to death. I personally vote 'yes!' to finding and implementing new ways.

You can hardly blame him for what COVID and our fear of it has done to the Worldwide economy, even if you otherwise hate his guts.

Even if he is no longer Governor for some reason, someone still has to revive the economy and renew resources somehow.

On a side note, IIRC, President Trump has said China should pay for it. Im pretty sure China will be able to get around any liability now that Biden is our President elect, BUT! Biden and our half Dem Congress and Senate could surprise me. Im getting older and easier to surprise, lol.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 01-07-2021 at 08:47 AM..

Old 01-07-2021, 12:01 PM

17,349 posts, read 20,049,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Cuomo is a dick.
That is not sarcasm. That is just low effort.

I mean, I don't entirely disagree, but come on. Internet ink isn't free.

Old 01-07-2021, 05:33 PM

5,170 posts, read 2,230,540 times
So he wants a repeat of the type of vehicle accidents caused by drivers like Dennis Drue and Diane Schuler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: