Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 06:35 PM

3,477 posts, read 1,402,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Fauci the expect? LMAO. He's the same clown who told us masks don't help and wearing one actually increases the chances you get COVID.

Fauci is a pimp for Big Pharma.
That was back when the virus was new and nobody knew anything about it. Now we have the data that backs up what he says. That's actually the reason why the CDC made the abrupt change that we can remove our masks. Before, we didn't have the data to prove just how protective the vaccines were. So they were like, keep your masks on for now. And now we have the data that shows that these vaccines are extremely protective, so that's why they say no more masks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 09:27 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,539,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That was back when the virus was new and nobody knew anything about it. Now we have the data that backs up what he says. That's actually the reason why the CDC made the abrupt change that we can remove our masks. Before, we didn't have the data to prove just how protective the vaccines were. So they were like, keep your masks on for now. And now we have the data that shows that these vaccines are extremely protective, so that's why they say no more masks.
That's not completely accurate. It had nothing to do with data.

Fauci himself has stated the reason he originally advised against masks had to do with supply. He was afraid that if he told the "truth" that there wouldn't be enough masks for healthcare workers.

In other words, he flat out lied to produce a desired outcome.

Fast forward several months. Fauci does the same thing when talking about vax numbers needed to reach herd immunity. He throws out one number. A week or two later he changes that number after seeing some polling data regarding the number of people who plan to get vaccinated.

Again - he lied in an attempt to produce a desired outcome.

This is not opinion. This is Fauci himself admitting he lied.

It should make you wonder what else he lies about.

Look at his testimony to congress being questioned by Rand Paul. He parses words to avoid answering uncomfortable questions. He has been a government bureaucrat for too long. He is a politician and anything he says should be treated as such.

Old 05-20-2021, 09:41 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,539,379 times
Quote:
Ok, if you can explain me this, then you will have convinced me.... why is India is deep trouble right now with their hospitals on the breaking point? If Covid wasn't a big deal, then why all of a sudden are hospitals collapsing as a result of the overwhelming number of patients?
It is not a simple answer. India is very different than the U.S.

India's healthcare system has been problematic for a long time:
https://www.statnews.com/2021/05/02/...d-catastrophe/

India has sanitation issues:
https://www.cnet.com/news/india-spen...more-problems/

From the above 2020 article:

Quote:
That means hundreds of millions of people in the country end up defecating outside, which can spread diseases including cholera, typhoid and COVID-19. Poor sanitation in India leads to over 126,000 deaths every year from diarrheal diseases.
That alone should tell you there is no way to make a health-related comparison between India and the U.S.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:01 AM

Strange. It was so hot outside in NY yesterday and so many people still opted to keep their masks on. In fact, all stores in my neighborhood still require face masks upon entry. I guess New Yorkers aren't ready to adapt to the new CDC guidelines...

Old 05-26-2021, 07:02 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,552,682 times
I am vaccinated. So far, mask use is still required at my work. It is not being required in the local shops and businesses. In stores I see some employees and customers opt to take them off. I guess I'll keep it on when I go to the store or the post office too. It was required at the vet (I was there this morning) and they are still doing "wait in your car until we come get you", no waiting in the waiting room. It doesn't bother me to wear it. Whether or not it is keeping me safe, it just feels right, for me.

The one thing I'd like to see the back of is my employer's twice daily temperature taking and "health monitor log" requirement. I am quite fed up with that. I was happy to comply for the last 12 months, but it hardly seems necessary now. Every department has had illness and we've all had known direct exposures, and most of us are vaccinated. If the rest of us were going to spread it at work we would have by now.

I find this temp taking and daily "health log" far more invasive than mask wearing.

Old 05-27-2021, 12:09 PM

This is such horsesh**!! I went to BJ's today and there is a sign on the entrance saying that masks are required. But half the EMPLOYEES were not wearing masks, not even the guy that was checking the receipts! What the hell is that about???!!

Old 05-27-2021, 12:49 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,814,954 times
Quote:
This is such horsesh**!! I went to BJ's today and there is a sign on the entrance saying that masks are required. But half the EMPLOYEES were not wearing masks, not even the guy that was checking the receipts! What the hell is that about???!!
Just take it off then. People are over the masks. Do what you gotta do.

Old 05-27-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Just take it off then. People are over the masks. Do what you gotta do.

The employees might get mad at me if I do.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:

Perhaps they forgot to take the sign down. What are you getting so het up about? Wear or not, who cares?

Old 05-27-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
The employees might get mad at me if I do.

Then go to the customer service desk and ask what the store policy is because you are confused about the sign and seeing employees not wearing masks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York