Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 01:44 PM

41 posts, read 122,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlk14 View Post
You have got to be kidding me you are saying people are bigger becouse they are from the south that has to be one of the dumbest things I have read on this thing. Don't get you started on the amount of fuel used to tote the extra lard, yes thats why we are at war becouse fat peaple use up all the gas driving to get more fast food. Thanks to you we are all dumber for reading your post and your ignorant views. As for the smokers we should just build a big wall with giant fans to blow all there cancer filled smoke back to all those fat diseased south monsters. Hell maybe we should start a new country the land of the thin good looking smoke free people becouse god nows thats what all New yorks are. Your a joke and you made me die alittle inside.
Please no offense to anyone, but I can't take this as it stands.(and I am sure I have made mistakes trying to punctuate this correctly) I needed to understand this post better to respond. Now that I am "smarter" not "dumber" in understanding this post; I will only respond with "Bless your heart".

After the word "me" in the first sentence there should be a period or at least an exclamation point.

Capitalize the "y" in you to begin next sentence.

"becouse"-should be spelled because

After the word "south", please feel free to use a question mark, exclamation point, or a period. All depends how you want to express your emotion.

Capitalize the letter "t" on that to begin new sentence.

"Don't get you started", I believe should be don't get me started.

After "lard" there should be a period.

Capitalize "y" in yes to begin new sentence and could add comma after the word.

"becouse"=because
"peaple"=people

After "smokers" a comma.

"there"=their

"Hell, country, people,thin, looking" place a comma afterwards.

"becouse"=because
"god"=God
"nows"=knows
"yorks"=Yorkers

"Your"=You're

Old 09-26-2007, 02:46 PM

9 posts, read 29,313 times
Thank you for pointing out my bad grammar. That of course was the reason for the post. I was just to busy shoveling fried chicken in my face. Hopefully I have reached your standard on this one. So next time when I am replying to someones post at 2:00 in the morning, I will make sure to get that period in the right spot. Thanc god for peaple like u going a round poiting out peaples missstakes becouse i cant figuer this thing out/?

Old 09-26-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRIGUY View Post
I never said "Ya'll" were fat monsters, I mearly stated a fact. I've lived all over the world including 4 southern states, it is undeniable that the south has larger people. It may be related to the fact that southern style food includes many fried dishes. There was a report out recently that listed the top 10 fatest states, guess what, 7 were southern states and 3 were midwestern. Non were from the northeast.

As far as more weight causing more fuel consumption read this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15415446/
Just to let you know I never said I was a Ya'll.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:42 AM

254 posts, read 1,142,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlk14 View Post
Thank you for pointing out my bad grammar. That of course was the reason for the post. I was just to busy shoveling fried chicken in my face. Hopefully I have reached your standard on this one. So next time when I am replying to someones post at 2:00 in the morning, I will make sure to get that period in the right spot. Thanc god for peaple like u going a round poiting out peaples missstakes becouse i cant figuer this thing out/?
I just couldn't resist. You quote "I was just to busy shoveling..." That should be too not to. The to in "replying to someones..." is the right place to use to. However, someones should be someone's. I am surprised this wasn't caught because it still isn't right even after you tried. Spell check is a wonderful tool. Try it sometime.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 PM

You couldn't resist. No, most self centered, know-it-alls can't. Whats wrong, nobody to give false facts and bad info to. so you have to check my spelling to get your fix. I think everybody knows here that I am a horrible speller just like they know you think you know it all about every town/city on the east coast.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:45 AM

218 posts, read 1,462,399 times
I moved from Ny almost 10 yrs ago.
My main reason for moving was I got tired of cold weather from oct - may. I much perfer sunshine and flowers.
I came from a little small town and moved into a small town. Let me just say, other then the drawl. Benson, NC is pretty similar to Chatham NY. Its scary. All the good, and all the bad. And there is both! I've noticed that people treat you the way you treat them.
I have not met many rude people. Most people are helpful.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:05 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Texan checking in.....

And I'm laughing my butt off at some of these responses. :-)

Old 10-19-2007, 01:29 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
I grew up in Colorado and have lived in upstate NY for more than half my life. I used to work for an airline and thus; saw a few places and made a few friends around the country that I visit from time to time. I am at a point in my life where I have no one else to worry about or answer to; and am considering a move where the winters are a bit milder. I just got back from visiting a friend in Morrisville, NC and found this site on a real estate search. First off, there are enough of you (am I part of that "you"??) NY folk moving down there griping about the pizza...hellooooo...open up your own pizza joints!! But really, we all pay the feds every year which gives all us U.S. citizens a choice of which of the great fifty in which we want to live. Most of all, grab whatever opportunity you can to accept a kindness and pay it forward...no matter where you hang your hat. Even the most jaded of souls can find SOMETHING good where they are....you might suprise yourself & see it's just all those differences we have that makes us all so ...AMERICAN!!!!!

Old 10-24-2007, 01:45 AM

158 posts, read 445,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
I live in St. Petersburg area in Florida (originally from NY):

I was haggling with a salesman today over pricing of furniture. After agreeing on a price that salesman took my name. When I stopped spelling out my last name he said, "are your sure you're done? There isn't a 'Stein' on the end?"

If you need me to explain this you most likely won't be offended. I couldn't believe what he was implying. You really have to spend some time in the South before making the leap. And I live in Florida, which really isn't the south South.
Florida isn't the South South!!!!!!! You must be 56 cards shy of a full deck!!! I'm a Floridian and I have to strongly tell you that you have no credibility on this issue, not being from the South! I take pride in my state's Southerness! Parts of Florida as in a few large cities and a few coastal areas have lost or had their Southern accents and cultures diluted, but out of Florida's 67 counties, at least 60 of them are predominantly Southern! Don't ever tell us we're not the South South! That's a good way to get a good ol' downhome Southern Whoopin'-Florida style, junior!

Old 05-25-2008, 06:56 AM

113 posts, read 341,988 times
Default Duh South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
In the South, if you are not from the South, you are a Yankee. It has nothing to do with New England.

All I can say is, if you get attitude for being a Northerner (or Midwesterner, or West Coast dude), you are probably giving off a lot of attitude. Not happy? The interstate runs north as well as south, west as well as east. Cheers!
Yes, it does. This Yankee Attitude? Only when one is given first. I don't take $&%^ Not up North , Not down south. I don't expect southerners to be like me , it's when you make them comments , thats when you get reaction.

What can you say about a place whos heart bleeds for the Lord when Hollywood puts out a movie about a single mother who strips yet has double sided bill boards shouting CRAZYHORSE GENTLEMENS CLUB! No muscling in on your action??? Your Love of the Yankee Dollar causes you to Sin. Hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York