Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2021, 10:12 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,774,977 times

Advertisements

But, of course.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

Mark Venaglia says as an artist and tour guide, his income dried up during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Upper West Side resident tells NY1 he owes $14,000 in back rent.

“I mean, I don’t have a whopper savings — I certainly don’t have any patrons to bail me out of this,” Venaglia said.

Venaglia said he applied for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) months ago, but he has not received an answer.

“I haven’t worked in over a year,” he said. “It’s terrifying.”

“There are a lot of people like my client Mr. Venaglia, who suffered income loss due to COVID and for whom it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, of paying those arrears without these funds,” said Rachel Granfield of Legal Services NYC.

But the federal money from the fund could be running out, according to an analysis by the landlord advocacy group Community Housing Improvement Program, also known as CHIP.

Landlord advocacy group estimates by Sept. 27 the state will have approved or paid out rental assistance to more than 168,000 applicants

The total assistance paid or obligated is expected to reach $2.18 billion, which is more than what it believes than the state has

CHIP estimates after administrative costs the state has about $2.15 billion to distribute

The group is calling on lawmakers to lobby for more federal funding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 04:47 AM

20,073 posts, read 20,883,901 times
Upper West side? Move somewhere cheaper.
And get a real job.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:11 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,404,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Upper West side? Move somewhere cheaper.
And get a real job.
^^^This this this. You aren't entitled to stay in your upper west side apartment for free forever just because you lived there while you were employed for a moment. I wish people would take personal responsibility for their lives. This guy could move to a Carolina and get a warehouse job paying $20/hr with a signing bonus and an apartment for around $1k/mo, but instead he chooses to live in a $3k/mo apartment with no job.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:17 PM

146 posts, read 114,619 times
It's been 18 months since the pandemic began. If you haven't figured it out by now than that's on you.

but he's an "artist and tour guide" I'm sure he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:38 PM

20,073 posts, read 20,883,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadChadderson View Post
It's been 18 months since the pandemic began. If you haven't figured it out by now than that's on you.

but he's an "artist and tour guide" I'm sure he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.
Aka: slacker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: