Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 11:53 AM

26 posts, read 36,021 times

Advertisements

Can someone please explain to me cause I still do not understand why this is still happening.
For the record, I got my 2 shots in May and booster last week.

Majority of Americans are vaccinated especially those over 65
And it’s common knowledge at this point that if you have been vaccinated, you may still get Covid but your chances of serious illness or death are incredible low like lightning strike low

So, if it’s not mandatory to get a vaccine, and those who have gotten them got them and those who do not want one have not gotten one, then why are we still wearing masks?

And Covid virtually affects no children (fact) and so they aren’t spreading it. So why are ****ing 2 year olds wearing masks when they most likely aren’t going to have serious complications IF they do somehow catch it. Are we all wearing masks for the 1 in a million chance some kid who isn’t vaccine eligible doesn’t catch Covid and die or the 70 year old who has been vaccinated but has 5 other conditions dies? (Which is usually the case…co-morbidities and not solely Covid—this is obvious by now)

And children die at a very very low percentage EVEN IF they caught it. It’s incredibly unlikely.

So is that what we are doing now? Everyone’s life is sacrificed for the rare occurrence of death?

Makes no sense to me. Can someone explain.

And if you think that you’re going to die of Covid even after you’ve been vaccinated — please do me a favor and don’t even respond cause you drank the Kool aid already.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2021, 12:08 PM

84 posts, read 94,413 times
The vaccines are not effective against infection. The purpose of vaccines is to keep people from overwhelming hospitals and to prevent people from dying from covid. Masks (real ones like kn95 or n95) do help prevent infection and help limit the amount of virus people are putting out and taking in. The reason to prevent infection is to prevent virus mutation and to prevent long haul covid. Another reason to prevent infection is that we have absolutely no idea what is going to happen later in life to people who got covid. This virus could be like chicken pox which reemerges as shingles decades later.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:21 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Cause the vaccine doesn't work. Period end of story.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:39 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times
I've said this countless times in other threads.... masks are 100% political! They're only mandating masks for political reasons; it has nothing to do with health.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:43 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmer81 View Post
the vaccines are not effective against infection. The purpose of vaccines is to keep people from overwhelming hospitals and to prevent people from dying from covid. Masks (real ones like kn95 or n95) do help prevent infection and help limit the amount of virus people are putting out and taking in. The reason to prevent infection is to prevent virus mutation and to prevent long haul covid. Another reason to prevent infection is that we have absolutely no idea what is going to happen later in life to people who got covid. This virus could be like chicken pox which reemerges as shingles decades later.
+1

Old 12-13-2021, 12:44 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I've said this countless times in other threads.... masks are 100% political! They're only mandating masks for political reasons; it has nothing to do with health.
You mean the refusal to wear masks is political. Continuing to wear one makes perfect sense.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:58 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
You mean the refusal to wear masks is political. Continuing to wear one makes perfect sense.

No, WEARING one is political. It's a dumb thing that Democrats are doing to show off that they are Democrats. Makes zero sense, I know.

Old 12-13-2021, 01:04 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times
There are no masks across the river in NJ and everyone is doing fine there (or at least similar to NY).

Old 12-13-2021, 01:09 PM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
There are no masks across the river in NJ and everyone is doing fine there (or at least similar to NY).
The governor just said masking like ny is not off the table …they are still evaluating things

Old 12-13-2021, 01:13 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The governor just said masking like ny is not off the table …they are still evaluating things
I was just at American Dream mall yesterday. It was like stepping into 2019, back to the future. No masks.
Its like COVID magically disappears once you cross the Hudson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York