Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 07:38 AM

3 posts, read 17,092 times

Advertisements

I am want to move to Ulster County, but don't know which town/city/village to move to! I need a good place to live..Money is not a problem for me..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 12:11 PM

6 posts, read 33,735 times
Mu husband and I are in Milton and we LOVE it! The schools are great and there is alot of that small town feeling while still being close to everything. It is only a 5 min drive to the mid-hudson bridge. Anywhere in Marlboro is wonderful.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:01 PM

663 posts, read 2,265,525 times
I grew up in Ulster County. It's beautiful. Where are you moving from?

It depends on what you are looking for in the place you want to live ... so let us know and then we can try and help more!

Old 06-02-2008, 02:02 PM

3 posts, read 17,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold dust View Post
I grew up in Ulster County. It's beautiful. Where are you moving from?

It depends on what you are looking for in the place you want to live ... so let us know and then we can try and help more!
I am moving from Plattsburgh, New York. Even though the City is really nice, I don't like the winters up there!

Old 06-21-2008, 11:55 AM

5 posts, read 21,140 times
Don't even think about moving into Kingston. That place sucks big time. Town of Ulster is nice to live in as is Hurly or Woodstock.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:53 PM

2,514 posts, read 3,066,204 times
Stone Ridge is nice, one of the pricier locales, but if money is not an object......

What's your lifestyle? Artist, musician.....Woodstock.....like to hike and climb......get close to Minnewaska State Park......like to take college courses or otherwise be in a college town.....New Paltz.....etc.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:44 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,667,340 times
Does anyone commute from New Paltz to Manhattan on a daily basis?

Old 07-26-2008, 06:04 PM

4 posts, read 21,499 times
Wow..I live in Plattsburgh...small world! Yes, the winters can be very brutal...-30 is not fun!

Old 07-26-2008, 06:12 PM

4 posts, read 21,499 times
I am new to the posting forums and I had a question if anyone out there could help. My family and I are looking to move toward the Poughkeepsie/Saugerties area (we have family in Saugerties). Ideally, we would like to be half-way in between the two. Any suggestions? Schools are a consideration. I do love the area, but don't know enough about the smaller towns to even know where to start. Do people ever take the train from Saugerties (I believe that you have to cross the bridge to get to the station) into places like Poughkeepsie for a work commute? Thanks!

Old 07-26-2008, 08:18 PM

12 posts, read 86,387 times
I just moved to Kingston from Beacon and I LOVE it! So for the person that said Kingston s--ks, I must say that I can't imagine why. It's historical and has some fantastic neighborhoods near the Rondout and Hudson that are loaded with character and charm. There's also a number of cultural activities available. New Paltz in a quaint, college community that someone might enjoy, and there's always Woodstock. Saugerties is also a great little community that I wouldn't hesitate to live in. As for schools...it's not a consideration for me so I have no input on that topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York