U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2007, 03:09 PM

2,473 posts, read 4,983,385 times

Advertisements

We are interested on moving to Little Falls N.Y. and hope some folks out there could give some information on the area.

Also, I found a nice house w/taxes around 1700.00 a year and the real estate agent wrote that if I buy, the taxes are not pro-rated but off market value. Here in Florida if we were to sell this house & move next door our taxes would be pro-rated and probably triple!!

Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I need some clarification from real folks out there and not someone trying to sell me!!

The town looks beautiful, but again, I need a bit of info...
Thanks everyone & Happy New Year!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2007, 03:31 PM

14,495 posts, read 24,609,710 times
Jungle George weren't you on the Miami forum saying how you liked it there?

Old 01-04-2007, 03:54 PM

144 posts, read 591,034 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-falls-ny.html

Old 01-04-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Jungle George weren't you on the Miami forum saying how you liked it there?
Yepper!! That's me!! I do love it here!! I inherited my aunt's condo which I'm putting on the market, and with the money I get from that plan on buying a house up north to retire in.

We've always dreamed of owning an old victorian, so I figure with the market the way it is up there now to do the purchasing soon. I figure if we wait til retirement age, it'll be so expensive we won't be able to do it!!

I try to look a bit ahead & am lucky enough to be in this position!!

Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 PM

890 posts, read 2,656,169 times
No offense, but who retires to a place where it's cold and snowy? I'm not being facetious, but it's just that older folks commonly have issues like arthritis, which are made worse by cold, damp climate. Not to mention the extra work the cold and snow entail. Living a "fun in the sun" lifestyle may not be for everyone, but it defintely makes the Golden Years a lot easier!

Also, I'd do a bit more fact-checking on Little Falls. I've heard some not-so-good things about the place, in terms of weather (flooding) and other issues.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
No offense, but who retires to a place where it's cold and snowy? I'm not being facetious, but it's just that older folks commonly have issues like arthritis, which are made worse by cold, damp climate. Not to mention the extra work the cold and snow entail. Living a "fun in the sun" lifestyle may not be for everyone, but it defintely makes the Golden Years a lot easier!

Also, I'd do a bit more fact-checking on Little Falls. I've heard some not-so-good things about the place, in terms of weather (flooding) and other issues.
I do everything bassackwards!! Thanks for the info...I will keep checking!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 09:46 AM

11 posts, read 40,602 times
Weather in Little Falls is typical Upstate NY - cold and snowy in the winter. The flooding this past year was not typical. I'm 58 and it's the first incident I remember there. I grew up there and still visit often - beautiful old canal town - lots of history - just needs a little TLC from some "new blood".

Old 11-21-2007, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,141 times
Red face I love Little falls

I left when I was 12 and have lived in the fast lane for years. Yeah the money is great but at the expense of your health. Just look at the obits in the little falls evening times. You never see young die only the old. If I could retire right now I would move back in a heart beat. I have lived in LA for 22 years and now in Vegas for 18 years. In 12 more years I will be back hopefully if I live that long. They don't have the gangsters back there like here and LA. Hell I have concealed weapons permit here to go into certain parts of town here., Now tell me how bad it is there. Try staring at sand every day it is not very pretty. Housing is outragous here 200 dollars and more a sq. ft. I'd take Little falls over anyplace I have seen it all and don't like what I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York