Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 03:23 PM

20,323 posts, read 21,082,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
I've heard it's a pretty close race. Even some democrats are endorsing Zelden. Their constituents are sick of the crime, and lack of accountability by the criminals.
I believe it was a while back. I don’t think it was “close”, just not a bloodbath like usual.
But I believe she has a double digit lead at this point.
I guess it depends on the source. I’ve heard mixed numbers. Polls suck anyway. Never trust polls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
The overwhelming majority voted for Eric Adams as mayor, and then people complain why crime is up and mandates are still around.
Lol it’s too funny.
Talk about buyers remorse. Even his supporters are bent out of shape over the lack of anything happening at all other than crime exploding. He’s a total dud. But, he’ll probably get re-elected because that’s just how it is.
But I’m laughing. These morons deserve every ounce of his complete incompetence.

Old 09-15-2022, 05:48 PM

3,535 posts, read 1,450,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Lol it’s too funny.
Talk about buyers remorse. Even his supporters are bent out of shape over the lack of anything happening at all other than crime exploding. He’s a total dud. But, he’ll probably get re-elected because that’s just how it is.
But I’m laughing. These morons deserve every ounce of his complete incompetence.
At least in New Jersey, when Murphy ran again for governor last year, it was a pretty close race. Which means, more people there are swinging over to the conservative side. So I give credit to people in NJ. At least they are starting to come to their senses over there. But here in NY, that hasn't been the case. But hey, maybe I'll be surprised in November...

Old 09-15-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
At least in New Jersey, when Murphy ran again for governor last year, it was a pretty close race. Which means, more people there are swinging over to the conservative side. So I give credit to people in NJ. At least they are starting to come to their senses over there. But here in NY, that hasn't been the case. But hey, maybe I'll be surprised in November...
NY is controlled by the square mileage that is Manhattan Island.
Just sooo many people crammed into the metro area.
The rest of the state just can’t compete with the numbers.
It’s weird because even Schlong Island is supposedly heavily Republican and obviously has the bodies but it still just ain’t enough. So Hochul will most likely cruise into an easy victory.
Hey, it is what it is.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:21 AM

6,562 posts, read 3,236,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
NY is controlled by the square mileage that is Manhattan Island.
Just sooo many people crammed into the metro area.
The rest of the state just can’t compete with the numbers.
It’s weird because even Schlong Island is supposedly heavily Republican and obviously has the bodies but it still just ain’t enough. So Hochul will most likely cruise into an easy victory.
Hey, it is what it is.

God help us!!!

Old 09-16-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post

God help us!!!

Then don't vote for her. I don't understand why NYers continue to solidly vote Democrat! I just don't get it.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Then don't vote for her. I don't understand why NYers continue to solidly vote Democrat! I just don't get it.
Problem is there are not enough people to NOT vote for her.
Also, with today’s political climate, people are going to vote along party lines no matter what.
So in the case of NY, the democratic candidate could be a child molesting axe murderer and still win.
The days of people voting for the “best” candidate, regardless of party are gone forever.
In my lifetime, whatever is left of it, I do not foresee NY electing another non democratic governor.
It’s just not in the cards.

Old 09-16-2022, 11:37 AM

5,789 posts, read 4,168,516 times
Quote:
Simple. Greed and envy. The dems control the "education" system. People have been conditioned to think that it's someone else's fault that they don't have all that they want. They just promise to take from another and give to the chosen grievance group. This just makes the problem worse.

"Free stuff" isn't free

Old 09-16-2022, 12:05 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,840,961 times
Quote:
As much as I dislike Phil Murphy, I have to admit that NJ isn't falling apart like NYC is, crime wise. Police seem to be doing their job and Murphy, to his credit, didn't stick with mask mandates for very long. In fact, we had them a bit longer than Florida, but after that last election that he nearly lost, the message was sent and he listened to the people and didn't become like one of these Newsome or Hochul loathesome characters that impose their will on the people.

NJ is a more conservative state than I think people give it credit for. When you have big population counties like Bergen, Morris, Monmouth, and Somerset than are pretty solidly centrist counties with large populations, which have even leaned red or pink in the past, the Dems have to win out with just Essex, Passaic, and Hudson, which is hard.

Add in smaller populations in Hunterdon, Warren, and Sussex that are pretty solidly red. Not to mention a lot of south jersey.

We're pretty surly here too. People in other states just acquiesce. We're a rambunctious bunch. NYC folk used to be like that. Now many have moved away or passed away, and most NYC people are obedient and compliant.

Old 09-16-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
As much as I dislike Phil Murphy, I have to admit that NJ isn't falling apart like NYC is, crime wise. Police seem to be doing their job and Murphy, to his credit, didn't stick with mask mandates for very long. In fact, we had them a bit longer than Florida, but after that last election that he nearly lost, the message was sent and he listened to the people and didn't become like one of these Newsome or Hochul loathesome characters that impose their will on the people.

NJ is a more conservative state than I think people give it credit for. When you have big population counties like Bergen, Morris, Monmouth, and Somerset than are pretty solidly centrist counties with large populations, which have even leaned red or pink in the past, the Dems have to win out with just Essex, Passaic, and Hudson, which is hard.

Add in smaller populations in Hunterdon, Warren, and Sussex that are pretty solidly red. Not to mention a lot of south jersey.

We're pretty surly here too. People in other states just acquiesce. We're a rambunctious bunch. NYC folk used to be like that. Now many have moved away or passed away, and most NYC people are obedient and compliant.

I have to admit, as much as I dislike Murphy, I'd take him over Cuomo or Hochul any day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York