Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 02:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,975 times

Advertisements

Greeting everyone,

My name is Robert and I reside In San Antonio TX, I provide computer services for a number of businesses here.

I have a client who is going to have a home built In Au Sable Forks NY, 12912 zip code.

I am seeking info and opinions on what are the available choices for broadband in your area.

This client will be communicating with the Texas office from his office/home in Au Sable.

I appreciate any imput you may have.

Thanks,
Robert from Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,665 times
[url=http://www.speedmatters.org]End the Digital Divide | Take the Internet Speed Test | Speed Matters[/url]

Interactive data by county - but not by zip code
Fred in Boston

Old 06-03-2008, 07:18 PM

518 posts, read 2,014,414 times
Question Westelcom?

I live in Plattsburgh and the only company that comes to mind is Westelcom, and they do have a website online............The county where Ausable is located is Essex County and you might also check with the town offices of Essex to see if there are other options????? Not sure, but know that cell phone towers have been an issue lately........environmentalists who want the Adirondacks pristine vs. those who want coverage everywhere............

Old 06-07-2008, 11:03 AM

Plattsburgher,

Thanks I appreciate your response.

I will have a look at Westelecom, and look into the essex county info.

You have a great day.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:22 PM

518 posts, read 2,014,414 times
Post It IS a great day!

It is 90 degrees with lots of blue sky, puffy clouds and about a 15 mph breeze. Just got back from the sandy beach on Lake Champlain.......time to BBQ........low humidity and going to be a great sunset...........These are the payback days for the COLD! How is your client planning to adjust from the Texas heat and humidity to the cold of Ausable? Second home? There are tons of those up here now................You have a great evening and hope the info can help you out somehow. I know there has to be a way because there are lots of expensive homes that people telecommute from up here to avoid NYC...........I make do with DSL and live in the adjacent county, but know you will find a friendly person in Essex Ct to help you out.........

Old 06-07-2008, 03:59 PM

Thats funny,
Its upper 90's here and I allready have the bbq going

The client is having a home built on a location?, private 80 acre lake or something like that, so im not even sure yet how far out in the sticks it is but I get the impression its more remote to ausable falls than central to it.

I expect they will spend some months out of the year there and he will need to be able to work from there.... dont have a clue how the various broadband options perform in (what to us ) would be extreme cold conditions?

He and his wife make frequent trips up there and came to a quick conclusion that what passes for winter coats here in texas just aint gonna cut it up there.

I recently ran into someone that grew up in ausable falls, and is getting some more localized info for me, just trying to gather as much info as possible.

I look forward to making the trip up there when he is ready to set up the office... will be quite the change of scenery.

Robert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York