U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2006, 05:22 PM

13 posts, read 27,454 times

Advertisements

Are there any classic car clubs in the Fort Drum area?

TNKS AHEAD OF TIME
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2006, 05:28 PM

13 posts, read 27,454 times
Watertown area or Buffalo area

Old 06-11-2006, 06:19 PM

14 posts, read 108,212 times
Here's a few, but you'll need to check these sites out and uncover the information you're looking for: hemmings dot com, buggiesunlimited dot com, seqc dot net, car-clubs dot info, nnycars dot com, and that's about all I could find which looked worthwhile. Hope you find what you're looking for!

Old 11-04-2006, 09:19 PM

17 posts, read 93,892 times
Do NOT drive a classic or antique car on the roads in the North Country in the Winter because the salt they use on the roads there will destroy it faster than you would ever imagine.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:50 AM

365 posts, read 754,491 times
Yes, my first winter here and I had surface rust appearing in spots and my husband scolded me for not taking care of my vehicle. We have a 64 Fairlane that never sees the light of day from October thru May.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:24 AM

3 posts, read 8,967 times
I don't have a classic car but I would still like to protect my car during the winter. I'm probably going to get an apartment without a garage so is there any other way to keep the car safe from the winter elements? Storage perhaps?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:45 AM

3,360 posts, read 11,285,224 times
What kind of classic car club do you want? Muscle cars, older American cars, European cars, specific models? There are Miata, MG, Jag, Porsche, Classic (American) clubs in CNY.

Storage would be a good idea for the winter.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:57 AM

90 posts, read 649,068 times
Try a good undercoating job Winter driving is a hazard of living in the snowbelts of Upstate NY, but it beats being destroyed in hurricanes in the southeast or ripped to shreds by tornadoes in the Midwest/Plains. The hazards of life are considerably less around here when you analyze it...but yeah your car's body may be shot a few years faster than it would be down south. It's just the trade-off for living in our beautiful climate of four unique seasons.

I can see keeping a valuable classic car under wraps, but just get a pickup with a plow for regular driving during the Winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie123 View Post
I don't have a classic car but I would still like to protect my car during the winter. I'm probably going to get an apartment without a garage so is there any other way to keep the car safe from the winter elements? Storage perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York