Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2007, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,158 times

Advertisements

HI! As you can see Im considering moving to covington,NY but i would like to find out more about the place.For example if its a good town, how far is it from New York City,does it have any kind of public transportation from Covington to New York City, and how is the education over there?? Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 06:05 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,631,837 times
Colvington, NY is in Wyoming County, NY. That is in Upstate NY, near Buffalo. Sorry, but you're at least 6 hours away from the city. I never heard of Colvington, untill I looked it up on wikipedia.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:08 AM

124 posts, read 641,489 times
Franciscana:

You are asking about Covington NY. Do you mean FORT Covington? I can help you about Fort Covington. Please respond if you mean Fort Covington.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:20 AM

79 posts, read 303,910 times
FORT COVINGTON! Saw it for the first time twenty years ago and have thought about it many, many times since. Clearly a river port of importance in the dim past with its stately (if rundown) old houses and big old stone church in the center of town. There's something almost magical about the two rivers coming together here and meandering leisurely down to the St. Lawrence.

Yeah, I've been through in January and seen how the relentless arctic winds drift the snow so that it looks like ocean whitecaps. Obviously jobs and services are sadly lacking, and the village IS downwind from big pollution sources in Cornwall and Massena. Still, I've never come across a village so hauntingly bucolic. Some one of these days I may make the leap and spend the rest of my days bringing back one of those old brick houses from the 1840s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York