Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 07:43 PM

5 posts, read 11,166 times

Advertisements

maria Bogen shut my mouth. It's Rick Port do you remember me? whats up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 08:04 PM

whose up for a deerpark reunion of staff? e-mail me at r1port@comcast.net
Lets get the ball rolling

Old 11-15-2011, 07:08 PM

Default searching for deerpark farm alumni

looking to catch up with deerpark farms alumni 1968-1974.
was a camper,counselor and lifeguard looking to stroll down memory lane,share photos and stories. would like to hear from ariane moncheur
561-306-3289
MAKE MY DAY

Old 11-28-2011, 07:00 PM

3 posts, read 4,742 times
Been there through the 70s and 80s. Same memories. Pennies on the train tracks, shuffleboard, ping pong, and so on. Going into the 80s less and less families came and it got to the point we had almost the whole place to ourselves. It was fun with the people but also fun having the whole place to ourselves.
One of the last times I went Grandmaster Shin also came down for a Tae Kwon Do training camp, and it was good to meet one of the other 2 Tae Kwon Do US Grandmasters at the time (by pure chance). Later I heard Deerpark went Kosher. Sad to hear its all been torn down but I still have tons of pictures. (This was before the ITF/WTF boom).
The newts, horses, bell, quarry, dogs, fireflies, were great. The different lodges were fun with the funky names like Chipmunk and Raccoon and all the endless food as well. Will never forget the movies, bingo and Emily at the Piano either.
I checked on google maps a few months ago and as of the last map could still make out the pool and the buildings.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,106 times
Never went during the summer, but spent a weekend there in January 1949. I was nine and my father fell through the ice while testing if it was safe for us to skate. It wasn't deep and only his pride got hurt, but we kids thought it was hysterical.

lindajjdc

Old 02-14-2012, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,031 times
Default Cuddebackville {Orange County) history question

Went to DPF with family and friends for weekend in `57. Wow,still have great memories. Arts and crafts houses,molehill, pool, kids dining room. Seemed like such a big place. So many people there.Went back with my wife and kids,brother and his family and parents in `86. They say you can never go back. Times change,things change. We were only people there that weekend. We asked for entertainment at night. They called up a local piano player who came over.Seemed like place frozen in time. Arts and crafts buildings closed with paper and paint still sitting on tables. Went horseback riding closeby. Sorry to hear it is gone. But not forgotten!

Old 02-17-2012, 05:49 AM

3 posts, read 4,742 times
I wonder if there are any resorts like this still around? Just a quiet place to go and relax with nothing super special except woods, food, and maybe a pool.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick port View Post
looking to catch up with deerpark farms alumni 1968-1974.
was a camper,counselor and lifeguard looking to stroll down memory lane,share photos and stories. would like to hear from ariane moncheur
561-306-3289
MAKE MY DAY
Hey Ricky, its Andy Bogen. My sisters, Julie and Maria have been writing on this and I thought I would join in. Incredible how many people have great memories of Deerpark. I think it was a combination of the times, the people and the place. I remember so much and so many people. The ping pong table and the pinball machines in the basement. The bar and evening activities. The pool. The baseball field at the bottom of a steep hill where we would sled during the winter. I remember your sister, Abbe and actually sublet her apartment near Grammercy Park years ago.

Donna McAlevey, Marianne Schaefer and her brother Peter. Dave and Steve Barras. Beverly something? Liz, Andy, Jay and Janie Paul. Betty Beimer and her son Scotty. Chuck Yayner. Freddie something. Betsy Hurwitz. Neil Lifton. Schmu. Billy Prudente. Etc.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 AM

7 posts, read 56,715 times
Worked there in the late 70's and early 80's.
D'Amato family - Josephine, Frank, JoAnn & Ralph.
I worked in the kitchen with Rhina.

Here are a few pictures

http://www.frankdamato.com/pics/1999/Deerpark%20Farms

Old 08-27-2012, 04:34 PM

7 posts, read 56,715 times
Frank's Photo Gallery | Deerpark Farms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York