Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 11:01 AM

33 posts, read 124,805 times

Advertisements

Can someone please confirm or deny something for me? Last summer on our way from Jay to Keene on Rt 9N we took a slight detour to check out some For Sale signs on the corner of 9N and another road I'd love to find again.

I did a Map Quest zoom in on the road an I think it is Irish Hill Lane. Does this road basically dead end at a farm that is in probably the most idylic setting a person could ever imagine? I also remember that the road has some twists and turns and quickly changed elevation, in other words it was a fairly steep twisty, paved, road. In reality the road may have continued on as an unpaved road but not being familiar, it appeared to end not much past the farm.

Just one of those things I can't get off the brain.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,585 times
It sounds like you discovered the location of my uncle Dennis Carey's farm which he sold in the late 1930s. It had been purchased at that time by a NYC doctor and his aritist wife. I had the pleasure of spending a few summers living on the farm as a child.
J.Guderian
gudpaljoey@tds.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York