Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 08:41 AM

46 posts, read 88,024 times

Advertisements

i moved to from new hyde park ny to cary nc, i really loved were lived but money was getting tight after i got laid off. i had visited NC in april we fell in love, so having that in mind i started looking for work in ny and nc, got a call from a job in nc, interviewed, got the job, found an apartment, fiance and kids moved.

after a few months, to this day i miss ny, i guess maybe cause all my family live there, or maybe the lifestyle here is very slow, at first it really didn't seem like that, but after a while it just got bored, i don't know, i mean my fiance and i have descent jobs, kids are happy but there's time were they even want to go back, is it a good reason to move somewhere else because is cheaper? has anyone gone thru this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 09:56 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycguy26 View Post
iafter a few months, to this day i miss ny, i guess maybe cause all my family live there, or maybe the lifestyle here is very slow, at first it really didn't seem like that, but after a while it just got bored, i don't know, i mean my fiance and i have descent jobs, kids are happy but there's time were they even want to go back, is it a good reason to move somewhere else because is cheaper? has anyone gone thru this?
Perhaps you should look at it that you can now live rather than exist. Since moving you have a decent job a new significant other and a new family. I have family that has lived in Cary, they said half the people are from NY and points north. Good friends of ours moved their from San Diego CA, even they can't believe how they can now live instead of exist.

Give yourself some time and try to make this your home, theres a lot of pluses and in time I think you'll see them.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Perhaps you should look at it that you can now live rather than exist. Since moving you have a decent job a new significant other and a new family. I have family that has lived in Cary, they said half the people are from NY and points north. Good friends of ours moved their from San Diego CA, even they can't believe how they can now live instead of exist.

Give yourself some time and try to make this your home, theres a lot of pluses and in time I think you'll see them.
didn't think of like that, but it makes sense , thanks man

Old 01-05-2011, 01:43 PM

93,315 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:

That or possibly find something in Upstate NY.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:59 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
That or possibly find something in Upstate NY.
Oh come on there can be a good quality of life down here....

Old 01-06-2011, 06:39 AM

93,315 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Oh come on there can be a good quality of life down here....
I didn't say there wasn't, but I think people think there isn't any up here too.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:50 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,542,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I didn't say there wasn't, but I think people think there isn't any up here too.
A lot of times people down south do tend to think that life in NY is awful.

They think everybody is rude, everybody will shoot you, and most of the time they don't know that it's not all NYC.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:16 AM

ill tell u one thing though, i rather be a bad area in nyc than a not so great area in the south, there's a lot of corruption in those little towns down south, and a lot of the cops run em.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:45 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,542,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycguy26 View Post
ill tell u one thing though, i rather be a bad area in nyc than a not so great area in the south, there's a lot of corruption in those little towns down south, and a lot of the cops run em.
Not me man! I belong out in the hills. A big city like that would drive me to insanity.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Not me man! I belong out in the hills. A big city like that would drive me to insanity.

hahaha but the cool thing is that you would not stand out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York