Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 07:00 PM

10 posts, read 40,403 times

Advertisements

My husband and I found a perfect house in Minisink NY.... we currently live in Rockland County and both work in Bergen County (Montavle & Northvale). I am not at all familiar with that area of Orange county - does anyone know about the schools, crime, etc?

We drove this weekend a couple of times to the area and it took us about 50 min both times, does anyone know of any traffic congestion along the routes from Montvale/Northvale to Minisink NY?

Thanks for the information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 01:34 PM

472 posts, read 872,067 times
There's not that much consistant traffic on Rt 17 or NYS Thruway at rush hour, barring any major accident. I lived in Goshen and worked in Ramsey and on average it would take 40 mins. The last 5 miles was the most traffic I faced. I would plan your commute to be 1hr-1:15 depending on road and weather conditions.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:17 PM

995 posts, read 2,727,009 times
why is everyone always worried about crime when moving to a new area. PineBush is in the middle of no where. The only thing you have to worry about is cow tipping. And this coming from someone born and raised in bklyn.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,235 times
hey well ive lived in warwick ny, one town over, for my entire life and theres very little crime at all in the area. theres the usual teenage delinquency and occasional property crime but violent crime is beyond marginal. minisink is a very tight knit community, and has fairly good schools, the academics are some of the best in the area; although monroe, warwick and goshen are consistently ranked as the top three schools in the county. minisink athletics are strong, and from what i understand they have a great variety of extracurriculars.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:15 PM

10 posts, read 16,842 times
Orange County is very low on crime... also depends where in the OC but for the most part VERY little crime

Old 05-01-2009, 07:07 AM

995 posts, read 2,727,009 times
If you really don't want to worry about crime. Move up to ulster county.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:06 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,657 times
Default Do Yourself A Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs5054 View Post
My husband and I found a perfect house in Minisink NY.... we currently live in Rockland County and both work in Bergen County (Montavle & Northvale). I am not at all familiar with that area of Orange county - does anyone know about the schools, crime, etc?

We drove this weekend a couple of times to the area and it took us about 50 min both times, does anyone know of any traffic congestion along the routes from Montvale/Northvale to Minisink NY?

Thanks for the information.
Do yourself a favor and find a home in Bergan...as a ny resident you will have to not only pay NY taxes...but you will have to pay NJ taxes as well...it might cost you more to live in Bergan...but commuting Ducks and in Rockland...the tax base is slowly disappearing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York