Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 PM

87 posts, read 372,243 times

Advertisements

Also, Saratoga County has an extremely low violent crime rate of 59 per 100K. Even though it has 200,000+ people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 06:09 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,597,095 times
For safety in the city...whenever I used to go into the city, by myself after dark, I stuck to the main Avenues in Manhattan. After 11pm, I tended to stick to Times Square. That is the main part of the city where people walk around until 3am like it is the daytime. Hence, for a single day-tripper from NJ, Times Square was the safest place to be when I was on foot at a certain hour. However, Times Square still has too many pickpockets (they still do exist) and unsavory characters to be the number one safest part of the city during the day. Clearly, it is a reasonably safe part of the city, even for NYC standards, but...you can see, this is too general of a question to give a specific answer. A lot depends on specific circumstances.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:55 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
Actually, to answer such a simple question with an equally simple answer (without regard to ridiculousness of either question or answer), then it would have to be - MY HOUSE. Seriously. I live next door to one of the main offices of Homeland Security, am surrounded by US Marshalls, and people see the gatehouse and almost cause accidents trying to turn around their cars before entering the "forbidden" zone which is really an open to the public national park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York