Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,636 times

Advertisements

i recently got a speesing ticket on 481 in clay new york and the cop said that I was doing 83 in a 65 but when i looked down i was only doing 70 in a 65, does anyone know how much this is going to cost me? the other thing that makes me really mad is that the cop noticed that my friend didn' have his seat belt on and didn't give him a ticket for that, where is the fairness in that. the cop just might of been hateing woman on that day or some thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 08:06 PM

293 posts, read 907,773 times
If you wanted the cop to give your friend a ticket then you should have asked him to.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:50 PM

715 posts, read 2,503,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartach View Post
i recently got a speesing ticket on 481 in clay new york and the cop said that I was doing 83 in a 65 but when i looked down i was only doing 70 in a 65, does anyone know how much this is going to cost me? the other thing that makes me really mad is that the cop noticed that my friend didn' have his seat belt on and didn't give him a ticket for that, where is the fairness in that. the cop just might of been hateing woman on that day or some thing.
Did this happen to be last Friday night? I was driving on 481 (80mph, mind you) going toward Oswego and saw that someone had been pulled over...

Anyway... plead not guilty; If its your first offense, you will almost definitely get it reduced to a 74 in a 65 or even less. 6 points and fine vs. 4 points and fine or less.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,394 times
Default Speeding ticket

I got a speeding ticket from a New York state trooper. I am from Connecticut and wondering because on my ticket there is no fine so, What is my fine about? Will my licence be suspended?

Old 11-01-2010, 07:37 AM

956 posts, read 1,204,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I think it is BS to say someone going 80 mph on the thruway or a highway is a maniac and going to fast....

I know that I'm a very courteous driver. I never tailgate even when the person in front of me is going sooo slowwww, I leave appropriate car lengths between me and the next car, I *always* slow down in work zones, etc. But when I'm on a highway, as long as conditions are right I should be allowed to go as fast as I want. "safety issues" is bull. There are safety issues in 30 mph zones, which is why I go 30 mph. But 65 on the thruway? That's ridiculous. It should be 75.
I love the signs that say road work ahead, but there is no road work to be found. Nobody really does 65 on the thruway. Many times I'm doing 70-75 and people are passing me by like it's nothing.

At least the speed limit is not 55 like it used to be. Now that is flat out pathetic.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:58 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,746,034 times
Truth! I set the cruise at 77 (the speed registers, for whatever reason, at 3mph lower on those registered-speed signs) and feel comfortable with that. When I see a cop car behind or ahead, I turn off the cruise. Never gotten a ticket, that way. It used to be (a few years ago and past then) that 15-over was acceptable but they started "cracking down." lol

Old 01-10-2011, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,182 times
Today I just had exactly the same experience as Canuckexpat's husband except that I was traveling at 81 mph - or so the trooper said. It was a clear day - dry road - traffic maybe 1/2 mile ahead of me and 1/4 mile behind me on a straight strip of road. I live near Boston, MA and returning to plea my case would be a major hardship. My real main concern is whether this will be reported to the Mass, RMV and my insurance company and affect my driving record (and boost my premiums for 4 or 5 years). While I don't look forward to paying a high fine, if it's a one shoot deal I can handle it.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:19 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,271,217 times
I used to go 80-85 MPH on the thruway routinely. It's called a radar detector, people. Go buy one. It'll pay for itself if you manage to avoid just 1-2 tickets.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,629,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMA View Post
Today I just had exactly the same experience as Canuckexpat's husband except that I was traveling at 81 mph - or so the trooper said. It was a clear day - dry road - traffic maybe 1/2 mile ahead of me and 1/4 mile behind me on a straight strip of road. I live near Boston, MA and returning to plea my case would be a major hardship. My real main concern is whether this will be reported to the Mass, RMV and my insurance company and affect my driving record (and boost my premiums for 4 or 5 years). While I don't look forward to paying a high fine, if it's a one shoot deal I can handle it.
My DH has received tickets in MA. It did not appear on his NYS license. It is my understanding that it is the same the other way around. The only time you will have an issue is if you ignore the ticket.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:03 PM

270 posts, read 730,550 times
Do they even still sell radar detectors? I haven't heard anybody talk of those in about ten years!

Honestly...when I had my radar detector (ten years ago...lol), I actually was pulled over MORE for speeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York