Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2007, 06:10 PM

57 posts, read 296,680 times

Advertisements

Hello. Been watching the weather reports for Warwick, and they say you guys are still getting snow. We are thinking about relocating from California. We would love to have four seasons, but to be STILL SNOWING IN APRIL??? Is this common? When does spring come for you guys? Are any flowers blooming yet, or is everything still frozen over? I'm afraid I'd go stir crazy being kept inside for so many months due to the cold. Also... how bad is the humidity there in the summertime? Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 10:03 PM

161 posts, read 1,049,398 times
I'm about 3 hours north of Warwick so we get spring later then they do. But we have had a few 65 degree days already. Spring is here my tulip bulbs are about 6 inches. Trees have not bloomed yet. The real heavy snow of winter has been gone for a while now. We can get some snow at this time of year but it doesn't last long. It usually melts in few hours. Now I'm in the snow belt and we get way more than Warwick, so I really wouldn't give that a thought. Snow in Warwick is generally over in March. Warwick is a real pretty area, good luck.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:49 AM

3,512 posts, read 9,426,438 times
Glen NY, this is not a normal Spring. It's about 2-3 weeks late this year. Last year the Daffodils were blooming in the first week in April and Tulips were starting to bloom by now. By this time last year we hit the 70s three times already. All the tree buds were opening and the trees were turning green during this week last year. By April 20th last year I was planting my mail-ordered plants.

Looks like Mother nature is making up for the above normal December we had by extending winter and giving us a below normal April.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:03 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,902,704 times
No, it's not normal. What is normal is that the last killing frost is usually May 15, first killing frost is usually mid-October. We do get snow, but not as much as we used to. The last snow storm of any bother is usually early March, usually the first is last half of December though there are exceptions.

Summers are hot and humid. Warwick is in a valley so there are days without any real breeze. August is usually our hottest month. Days close to 100 are not uncommon and we usually get a heatwave for about 2 weeks in late July or early August. Spring is wet, cold, and damp for the first part, and generally very nice for it's last half. Same with autumn. Generally pleasant and colorful through to November. November and early December are the worst months. No leaves, no color, just bitter wind and no snow to make things interesting.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:31 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,217 times
[QUOTELooks like Mother nature is making up for the above normal December we had by extending winter and giving us a below normal April.[/quote]

This is an unprecedented April and is being called the coldest in 113 years. Given the fact that Nov, Dec, and Jan went down as the warmest ever, I guess Mother Nature is pullling a pay back on us all! Remember, it was 50 or so on Christmas and 30 on Easter....

With all the talk of global warming, I'll put my 2 cents: the seasons have certainly shifted in NY...our Fall/Winters have beem milder and our Springs hang on and on then ..BAM...summer. Again, moving from CA.this will be a shock at first but our summers are gorgeous and yes, humid here and there but for the most part...delightful as are our autumns

Old 04-15-2007, 07:47 PM

3,512 posts, read 9,426,438 times
This is how crazy the weather has been in Syracuse the last few months...."The Weather Channel" has sent crews to Syracuse two times to cover two different historic storms so far this year.

The Weather Channel doesn't send crews to Syracuse for just any storm. The last time before this year I remember the Weather Channel sending a crew to the Syracuse area was for the Blizzard of 1993.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:26 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,179 times
I cant stand the weather..I will take the cali sun (where I am from) anyday....or any sun for that matter....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York