Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2007, 12:20 PM

3 posts, read 10,032 times

Advertisements

I HAVE FOUR KIDS ONE HAS HIGH END ASBERGER'S AND THE OTHER AUTISUM. THERE ELEM. SCHOOL AGE- WE ARE RE LOCATING TO DUTCHESS COUNTY MY HUSBAND WILL BE WORKING IN HOPEWELL JUNCTION NY SO NO PROBLEM FOR A LITTLE COMMUTE BY HIM- i STAY AT HOME AND WORK FROM THE HOME- WE WOULD LIKE TO RENT A SMALL HOME FOR A YEAR OR SO THEN DURING THIS YEAR BUILD AND BUY LAND... i GREW UP ON LONG ISLAND BUT HAVE NEVER REALLY BEEN UP STATE BEFORE, ANY SUDJESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED. WE WILL BE MOVED BY JUNE TENTH OF THIS YEAR....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 01:25 PM

54 posts, read 274,232 times
move to geneseo NY great small town 30min from rochester NY the school has hillside (hillside helps special needs children) the school is small i love the town. ps geneseo is in livingston county. visit the town/village website http://www.geneseony.com/

Last edited by stc123; 04-17-2007 at 01:43 PM..

Old 04-17-2007, 01:29 PM

172 posts, read 846,987 times
For children with special needs, I'd recommended a small/medium city or a suburb of a larger city. They should be able to meet your needs. Examples might include subruban areas of Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Albany, or Ithaca, Geneseo, Plattsburgh, etc.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM

30 posts, read 123,799 times
I live in and used to teach in the Syracuse area and I know there are a lot of schools around here with great programs like you are looking for. I can give you more information if you want it. Good luck with your move!

Old 04-17-2007, 06:28 PM

991 posts, read 4,618,488 times
Hi flip flop, What part of Long Island did you grow up in? I grew up in Hauppauge. I currently reside in Patchogue. I would also like to relocate either upstate, PA,NC or SC. The only thing that scares me about the south is that they are constantly reassigning children due to the growing needs because of everyone relocating there. I contacted many districts in PA they were extremely helpful for my special needs daughter. I have heard that upstate NY offers a lot esp. near Rochester, Albany and Syracuse. All the luck in the world to you!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:44 PM

3 posts, read 10,032 times
Thank you everyone for all your information. Unfortunatley, I want to live in Dutchess county. I did look up some summer camps for the kids which look to okay- my little girl isn't old enough yet for camps but my son is. I think moving that far upstate would be a mistake- to far from the city (which offers alot more useful events and opp. for the kids and still close enough for myself to enjoy the city life with some friends( much needed) and I can't wait to get back since its been fifteen years since I was home... and I grew up in east quogue ny. loved it- to pricey now. thats why i thought upstate would be great- we did see some land up state that looked pretty nice- near lagraunge..? looked to be a nice area- I dont know someone mailed me and told me its pretty expensive land out there, I guess we will see- I thank you for getting back so soon. flip flop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York