Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,237 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
We recently went to the Storm King Sculpture Garden and it was beautiful (near Harriman)

One question though....

Why don't they have real bathrooms there? It is such a beautiful place and then you have to use those gross porta pottys?

Is there a reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 08:49 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
Hmm good question...I was going to make a trip up there as its only an hour away from me. There's no central visitors house with restrooms?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Hmm good question...I was going to make a trip up there as its only an hour away from me. There's no central visitors house with restrooms?
Nope. It's totally bizarre. There is not one real bathroom, only porta pottys. No visitors center.

Also, if you go, make sure you bring a picnic lunch complete with drinks, water, snacks and even a thermos of coffee if you want one. They say there is a cafe, but it's unreliable as far as hours and what food is available. There are vending machines, but they don't offer much and are often empty.

They also don't take credit cards, so make sure you bring cash for the admission gate.

Again, it's gorgeous and worth the trip, and I can deal with the picnic aspect, but for the amount they charge, it's actually quite insulting that there is not even a real bathroom.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:06 PM

26 posts, read 141,278 times
They do have bathrooms-very nice, clean, flush toilets, sinks, etc.,up at the top of the hill, around the side of the museum. I used them just two weeks ago.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerr View Post
They do have bathrooms-very nice, clean, flush toilets, sinks, etc.,up at the top of the hill, around the side of the museum. I used them just two weeks ago.
I was up there, how did I not see them? Is it a separate building, or part of the museum building? Are they inside a fence like the porta pottys are? Maybe I assumed there were portapottys inside like elsewhere in the park.

That's good to know though, thanks.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:18 PM

26 posts, read 141,278 times
The bathrooms are to the right, around the corner,when you come out the front door of the museum. They probably have the port-a-pottis there, too, because of the larger amount of visitors this season to see the Maya Lin installation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York