U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 02:37 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,471,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXYJO View Post
Just want to add my two cents. I am a native Californian. I was born in San Francisco and lived in San Francisco and San Mateo counties for 26 years. I then married a Frenchman and moved to France. Anyway, I returned to the Bay Area every summer and after a few years and three children started to realize how great raising kids in France was (compared to California) for all of the reasons that you mentioned above. Well, unexpectedly my husband was transferred to New York. We arrived in September and I have to say that I've really been pleasantly surprised about how much more family-oriented it is here. The schools are great (I'm in Westchester county) the shopping is about the same as in the Bay Area and I'm enjoying the seasons. Also, I have a son who's a junior and there are so many terrific colleges nearby....

Good luck to you.

*I count my blessings every day that my husband wasn't transferred to California.

Westchester county is not Orange county, you can't even compare the two. I can't imagine moving from California to Orange county NY.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 02:40 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbrakern View Post
Hello everyone. Just wanted to ask if any of you have relocated from California,and if you are glad you did. We'll be coming out to Warwick this summer, and are planning on relocating. We are sick of the crime, taxes, graffiti, poor schools, ect. When you go on the CA boards.... there are a lot of people who moved out to places like Texas, Washington, and they all want to move back to CA because they hated it. Hope that doesn't happen to us. Any one from Los Angeles who now resides in the lower Hudson, and is glad they made the move??? Thanks to all.

Why don't you try Gilbert AZ instead, you'll be bored to death in Warwick, oh unless that's the plan.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York