Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 3,374 times

Advertisements

Tell me something about this place, please.
Did you visit Crowne Plaza Hotel there? I will spend my summer vacation there, so I am very interested in these two.

Looking farward to your answer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 11:09 AM

38 posts, read 155,939 times
I have been to Lake Placid many times and I only live about an hour north of there. I always found that there is plenty to do in the whole region, as long as you enjoy the outdoors. But there is also some nice shops in the town along with the Olympic venues to visit, although it is the wrong time of year. I know that there is a huge horse show sometime in the summer as well that is just a few miles out of town. There is also Montreal and Ottawa just a couple of hours away if a more urban experience is needed. There is plenty of hiking in the area, which is what I enjoy, fishing, and canoeing. I'm not of sure of the hotels since I have never had to stay the night but they all look really nice. There should be plenty to do since the whole Adirondack region is at your disposal along with Montreal and Ottawa if desired. Although, I believe that Lake Placid is one of the few nice places in northern ny.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:22 AM

106 posts, read 371,411 times
Are you into hockey? You can go and see the Olympic Stadium where the Miracle on Ice happened during the 1980 Olympics: USA Mens Hockey team beat the heavily favored Soviet Union team. USA scored in the last 5 seconds of the game...touted as the greatest sports moment of the 20th century!

Oh, and there's a pizza place across the street that makes good NYC style (t-h-i-n crust) pizza. Try to get out on Lake Placid if you can -- there's a tour boat ride on the lake that's fun. Renting a kayak is another option. If you're a hiker, you'll be in heaven! The Adirondack Mountain Club has a good selection of up-to-date trail books for sale: www.adk.org. It's a beautiful area, you've chosen well!

Old 05-03-2007, 07:01 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
The main street is filled with lots of really cute shops. There's a culinary school a few miles away so the food should be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: