U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 02:14 PM

37 posts, read 127,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyranger View Post
oh as i read your post over i realized you have been wrong to insult the other person. Safety of city has more t odo with police tactics then anything else. NYC used to have alot of crime but now safest city in usa because of the aggressive proactive police work of my fellow brothers .Most police forces are not proactive they are responsive. In NYPD we do more than just write tickets,its total war. I say you are wrong to insult the other poster because you bought up" white collar fraud & sexual molestation crime". These two catagories doesnt make an area safe or unsafe. sexual molestation happens inside the home,also minorities have higher percentage of sex offenders which include rape. The crimes that affect avg person is robbery,murder,burglary,rape,etc.Even drug use doesnt mean much because the crime exists from the gangs selling but users live anyplace including richest areas and commit no crime.
Truth is Elmira crime stats make it pretty safe. You can live in good area and have houses with drug users. The fact that you even know whats going on means it must be being taken care of by the police. i know larger cities dont even pay attention to homes with petty drug users or prostitution,we have bigger fish to catch .Heck i live in best area of brooklyn and i know in my building there are brothels(russian girls).But police ignore it because its hard to prove and is not "out" in open.
Sorry you felt I insulted a racist whom is arguing "the blacker a community, the more crime." By the way, he did not distinguish those crimes between "street crimes" & other crimes such as OWI & white collar fraud. There's a LOT more "OTHER" crimes that affect the average person than the street crimes categories you mentioned...and blacks aren't committing a vast majority of those "other crimes" Here where I live in Wisconsin, we have huge drunk driving problem where whites commit a vast proportion of these crimes per capita in comparison to the black residents who live here. OWI is a very serious crime that threatens the safety of residents, and many people have been killed & victimized by this category of crime.

Sexual molestation crimes are much higher in the white community as the black community, and you know that. If not, why does the FBI & local police departments profile a "child molester" as tending to be a middle aged white male?

Too bad you diminish the impact of white-collar crimes (fraud, bribery, inside trading, forgery, embezzlement) because they are just as serious and threaten the economic safety & viability of our country. I would rather have a street criminal rob me of $20 than a white collar criminal defraud me of $20,000. When fraud & corruption caused the financial markets to collapse in NYC, their economy as well as the American economy started to go into a tail spin. As I remember, NYC had to start contemplating cuts in public safety & pensions including your beloved police department & your beloved retirement plan. So there is a cause & effect to everything.

Last edited by windhoek7; 03-13-2010 at 03:20 PM..
Rate this post positively

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York