Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2007, 03:31 PM

6 posts, read 25,695 times

Advertisements

I recently purchased a new construction in middletown at a development called Presidential ridge. We are moving up from the bronx. I work in Midtown,Manhattan and will be commuting. I have 2 young children one 8 and the other 3. I am reading alot of threads saying that middletown is not a good place to live, the schools are horrible, crime is high. But what is the comparision? At this point- its too late for me to back down. I am also interested in information on day care,babysitting ,nannies,etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,888 times
Default Hi

Hi I hope u still look on here ..
I am also moving up from the Bronx.. A little concerned ..

Please give me any advice

Old 07-16-2008, 05:09 AM

967 posts, read 2,986,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellmes View Post
I recently purchased a new construction in middletown at a development called Presidential ridge. We are moving up from the bronx. I work in Midtown,Manhattan and will be commuting. I have 2 young children one 8 and the other 3. I am reading alot of threads saying that middletown is not a good place to live, the schools are horrible, crime is high. But what is the comparision? At this point- its too late for me to back down. I am also interested in information on day care,babysitting ,nannies,etc.
Middletown is bad compared to what it used to be. As with the Bronx, there are simply places you know you don't go to. Middletown has a lot to offer, if you go there with a positive attitude, I'm sure you'll be OK.

The schools aren't performing well as a whole, however, the education your kids get depends a whole lot on how involved the parents are at home.

~Mark

Old 07-17-2008, 11:13 AM

472 posts, read 869,218 times
I would feel far safer in the worst sections of Middletown (which encompasses 1 or 2 neighborhoods) than I would in some residential areas of the Bronx. Simple as that. Middletown has seen a rise in violent crime (almost always drug related) however it is far from the gangland that people make it seem to be. Middletown schools are challenged but still probably provide a better education than most areas of the country.

Your biggest worry is probably your commute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: