Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 01:08 PM

26 posts, read 112,762 times

Advertisements

yeah I got an attitude and what of it? I'm proud of my NYC attitude Wouldn't change it for the world . Plus I work in customer service so i have to turn it off an on. It's on a customer to customer basis. However, it's that NYC attitude that will keep yo ass from getting mugged at night; it will keep your butt out of central park at night yo know. It's not an attitude baby its part survival. You better it, you better know you better use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 01:36 PM

254 posts, read 1,142,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy1 View Post
yeah I got an attitude and what of it? I'm proud of my NYC attitude Wouldn't change it for the world . Plus I work in customer service so i have to turn it off an on. It's on a customer to customer basis. However, it's that NYC attitude that will keep yo ass from getting mugged at night; it will keep your butt out of central park at night yo know. It's not an attitude baby its part survival. You better it, you better know you better use.
Ok, I can go along with that response, you better believe it!!! I understand survival, but since you refer to your ability to turn it on & off at will, than turn the freakin' thing OFF when you get to the UPSTATE baby, Got it? So thats "what of it"!! LOL (not really mad at you, just having a bit of fun with ya) But really, thats a good point, we should be able to turn it on & off and have the smarts to know when & where to use it.
Have a great day, neighbor.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:07 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
I live upstate, but go down to "The City" for extended weekends a couple of times a year...we have a fantastic time with friends. Personally, I noticed a huge change after 9/11...it seemed that New Yorker's just came together after that and realized that it was good to need or want other's help and company.

There's no place like NY for a baseball game. The crowds are the WORLD's most knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the game. And if you watched either the Mets (Let's Go Mets!) or Yankees (boo!) games right after 9/11 and did not have chills running down your back with the emotion that people en masse can have...then you just ain't alive.

From this upstater...who happens to love upstate NY...NYC is THE BEST city in the World!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:11 PM

67 posts, read 227,798 times
I tried to explain to my wife the key to surviving behind the wheel in N.Y.C. was to become an "offensive driver". She was born and raised in S.E. Georgia, so you know who does all the driving when we come visit.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:14 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,633 times
The difference between the north and south is that the key to survive up north is to "turn on the attitude", but the key to surviving in the south is "not to run your mouth".....guess that's why southerners arent as vocal

Old 07-26-2007, 07:27 AM

110 posts, read 496,543 times
Rockland county is great and I have never noticed the "attitude" you are talking about Lived here 30yrs moved here from the Bronx Love it and best of all very close to NYC

Old 07-26-2007, 07:27 AM

254 posts, read 1,142,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
The difference between the north and south is that the key to survive up north is to "turn on the attitude", but the key to surviving in the south is "not to run your mouth".....guess that's why southerners arent as vocal
Absolutely sums it up in a nutshell. Oh, how right you are.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:02 PM

553 posts, read 1,934,764 times
This cant be a real post. This guy is stirring the pot. Joey buttheadfucco are you kidding me? stay where ever you are and watch the tree on tv. And yea I am Irish and Italian and proud to be both. And to the brooklyn guy I didnt see where you filled us in on your other half just your Italian half lets see what about the famous everyone is inferior to us attidude by the jewish population. And yea we have attitude when people write crap like this we usually will not sit and take it , if thats attitude so be it ,better then cowering in the corner and letting people walk all over you. The other attitude is we get things done now and expect others to also not sit around and wait till they are ready, that is one of the big problems with the southerners they have the old lets put off today what I can do next week after the catfishbite is over. But if you treat us nice you could not ask for a better friend that would stand by you. So loose your attitude your bringing it with you.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:26 PM

2 posts, read 7,287 times
Default Attitude

What attitude?

Old 07-26-2007, 11:48 PM

27 posts, read 148,391 times
afting living in the state of ny for 18 years, im ready to get out of here! i love nyc, but unfortunatly i dont get to visit there too much. i live in beacon,ny about 65 miles north of nyc. and we get alot of people moving up from brooklyn and the bronx around here. i'd say the hudson valley region is probably far enough away from the so called "nyc attitude" but close enough to be called the suburbs (by some people, most people call the hv upstate, but its not at all upstate, lol) beacon itself is very diverse in it's culture, and backgrounds. there are all type of people living up here, and most of them are nice and welcoming.
however, i know everyone has this perception that whereever they move is going to be peaceful, and relaxing, and all the people they meet are going to be wonderful. but lets get real for a minute. no matter where you go, no matter what you do, your always gunna come across people who rub you the wrong way. i personally do not like new york but thats just me. i'd rather live in new england. or in virginia. i guess people are always trying to get away from something, but i think your gunna find no matter where you go to be the same. its like they say, you cant stay on vacation forever. i guess you just gotta settle down somewhere you feel comfortable, and if its not right, find a new place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York