Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:47 PM

4 posts, read 6,785 times

Advertisements

Hello. We could use some guidance on neighborhood searching.
My husband and I will be moving to Orange county-no children. It'll place us between family in Sullivan County and Rockland County.
We've driven by Greenwood Lake, Warwick and Monroe. Once. We'll continue driving around and stopping in these towns to check out "Main Street" on the weekends and see what is available as far as markets and restaurants.
We both work in the city. What else can we do to help us familiarize ourselves with those and other towns/villages? How soon do we contact an agent to just show us around until we're better prepared?
We live on Long Island (temporarily). We're renting but own 2 properties in Connecticut that are under contract and will use towards debt, a 4WD vehicle and a down payment on a new home.
Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 03:55 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,902,955 times
Best thing you can do is just talk to people you meet. Ask them about their opinions on the area, how they like living there, and let them know you're thinking of moving to the area. A little candor goes a long way.

It's easy to drive from Warwick to Greenwood Lake to Monroe. They form a neat triangle so you could see all three in a weekend. Come up on a Friday evening to a B&B and spend the weekend investigating the villages. Warwick does have some very nice B&Bs and restaurants. I'm not a realtor but if you PM me I could give you some suggestions for places to stay and eat if you tell me what you like. My family has been here since forever so I know the area intimately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York