Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 06:59 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,715,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleashlee View Post
I grew up in Kuckville as well. On Church St. and rode the bus with the Riemers Leighs, and O'Donells. I was just wondering who this was and if we knew each other!
Kuckville is beautiful. I always wanted a place there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 01:32 PM

275 posts, read 793,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownusa View Post
You can not beat the area Finger Lakes/Adirondack Mts for pure beauty and it seems many of the homesick NYers mention those areas....go figure!

One spectacular drive (especially for Alwaysanewyorke who is working on hubbie ) is through the Adirondack Park up to Lake Champlain.....(Old Forge, Saranac, Lake Placid is a favorite route of ours) you will have traveled some of the most spectacular countryside in the East.....we continue across Champlain to Burlington VT and down to Boston and it is, again, bucolic in all senses of the word....going the middle of August

For closer to Rochester (Conesus Lake), take hubbie on a wine tour through Canandaigua, Kueka, Cayuga on onward...
You hit the nail on the head. I'm constantly working on my Florida-born wife to move back to NYS in a couple of years when I retire. 30 years in one place is enough. Especially when summer lasts 9 months.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,807 times
I grow up on Lakeside during the summers, it is a small world. I live in florida now. I miss the Lake so much, I just got back from renting a cottage at Olcott, NY the closest I could find to rent near Lakeside.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,807 times
I babysat for the Leighs, do you remember the Hoffmans

Old 07-05-2014, 04:27 PM

8 posts, read 11,374 times
Some people are just plain coo-coo. Who would want to live in Rochester, NY?! Seriously. You must've had sheltered lives and lived beautiful while the rest of us live through racism and pain.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingirl View Post
Well, it's hard to believe the coincidence of someone actually knowing that
area. We lived right on Johnson's creek.
Some of my neighbor's were the Seeple's, Reimers, Moran's, O'Donnells, and
the Leigh's. At the end of the road we lived on I just discovered a State
Park is there now. You're right, some of my most cherished memories were
growing up there, jumping off johnson's crick bridge, my father and aunt
inherited a cottage just a stones throw away on the Lake but sold it when
we relocated to Florida. Wish we still had it, I'd be up there all summer.
I went to Lyndonville Elementary and Junior High then we moved into Albion.
My husband and I want to move from Florida, and not because we don't like
it here, we do, but I'm just sooooooo ready for a change. My son Jack is starting Kindergarten this August, so it will be sometime before we move, we
just don't know where because we are avid fishers and that is what we enjoy
most and living right near the beach makes it a difficult decision. It's a small
world. Do you remember the little convenient store called Townsend's?
Isn't Kuckville somewhere near Lakeside Beach? We use to play in that area, as well as Pt. Breeze, The Bridges and Lyndonville. Had some great times there. I grew up around Gasport.

I feel sort of bad saying this...but I really don't miss WNY. I do miss the people and some great times I had, and I REALLY miss a good order of wings. Personally though, I'll be happy never to go east of Montana again. Today happens to be my 20th anniversary in Idaho. Having said that, WNY and in particular central NY with the Finger Lakes country is very pretty. I hope you enjoy your trip back and time with family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York