Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,644,529 times

Advertisements

We are in the processing of setting up our LLC. Had to get a business phone line installed. We had one orginially when we had dial up-but after we switched to Fios, we didn't know what was still hanging around down in the crawlspace. FIOS changed the lines down there to a rounder white wire that's directly hard wired, over the old flat lines with the clip on the end that plug into the board outside of the house.

Called Verizon-took a week to come out. Waited all day-8-4 and no show. Called-told me-order had changed. They were going to do it remotely and turn it on between 5 and 8:30 am the next day. So 10am-line is still dead. So they say I need a tech-ya think? So this guy comes out, refuses to go into crawl space. He sees a wire by the box outside and hooks it up. Says we've got a dial tone to that line and we're set. He never checks for a dial tone on lines anywhere in the house. Spouse calls the business line-it turns out it's the house phone number ringing on the business line. And the house phone sounds distant and tin like. Call again-told them to send someone else out to fix this right. Spouse went back and traced the line-it was one that was cut to the old alarm system to the house and it's dead. He hooked up the wrong one. He never came in to try the phone in the inside jack.

Well, today, this guy shows up-announces he was here yesterday, followed what my spouse told him to. I couldn't get a word in to tell him that it was wrong. He just kept arguing with me-it escalated-on my own property no less. I finally said a few choice colorful metaphors. He took offense at that and said I called him what? I hadn't-I'd mutter stupid MF crap. And he thought I called him that. Did he really think I was going to call a guy who's over 250lbs and 6 ft a name like that and it's going to harm him? Yeah ok dude, just leave. Why because you are being a idiot and can't even admit you did something that isn't right? So he takes off calling his foreman. I call back again to customer service for business-all these phone calls off my cell told over 4 1/2 hours and still no resolution. Get HIS foreman-tells me that they'll have someone there tonight to resolve it immediately. Well, figured by 9pm-they were a no show again. Called the reps again-told us we were on the schedule again for all day. 4 days of this crud. Told them if it's not done tomorrow-they can come and take all their equipment out of here-I am taking my business elsewhere. Fired off a email to the company-course you'll never hear form them.

I'd bet my last dollar this tech went back in or called his buddie telling them to NOT show up tonight-bet he told them to not show if the get dispatched out either again. I'd like to file a grievance with his union rep-I am union also-let's play hard ball sucker.

If this isn't done tomorrow-bye bye Verizon. I WILL take my personal and business accounts elsewhere. This tech was the biggest bone head I've even run across-but he sure soured my relationship with the company-and to NOT call his foreman to come over to resolve this-the building they are out of is less than 300 feet from my home-speaks of petty bs.

Anyone else every get such lousy service. I've literally talked to 22 different individuals. I am walking away from them tomorrow if it's not fixed. I've got no phones at all now-and they are charging me for their use!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 07:58 AM

995 posts, read 2,727,009 times
reason why I switched to sprint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York