Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 AM

105 posts, read 603,342 times

Advertisements

My 1999 Infiniti G20 was leaking power steering fluid. I took it to Firestone and they told me it was the power steering pump. The pump was replaced but it is still leaking the fluid and I have no power steering at all.

They said it is not the rack and supposedly tighten all hoses but it still leaking out all the fluid.

Does anyone have any idea at all what could be causing this to happen.

Thank-you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 PM

773 posts, read 2,631,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful2 View Post
I took it to Firestone ...
You need to take this to a dealer. It won't be inexpensive.

Quote:
They said it is not the rack and supposedly tightened all hoses, but it is still leaking fluid.
I think you need to change the hoses, but I don't think Nissan sells them independently; you are required to buy a kit.

Let's hope you hear on this forum from an auto tech who is familiar with Infiniti power steering problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti