Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:00 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,426,740 times

Advertisements

I own a 2007 Honda Civic Si Coupe with 110,000 miles on it. I have it modified with a AEM Cold Air intake, Race Header, lightened flywheel, exedy stage 1 clutch, HFP Sport Suspension. It is a 6 speed manual that does fairly well on gas.
The car is quick and nimble.

I am considering a Used Infiniti g37 Sport Coupe. 6 speed manual as well. I have test drove the G. It is fast and heavy. The 6 speed manual is nice like my Civic. I love how smooth the G is with the leather interior and nice looking exterior. I only worry about ownership costs. 19" wheels and gas mileage is not too good either.

I am considering buying the used G this summer, and hope I won't miss my Si! (If you ask why I might buy it , is because I want a more comfortable , a bit more mature car that is sporty).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,065,636 times
In my opinion, the G37 is a much better car but the two are quite different in feel. I'd also say that the transmission on your Civic is likely a good bit smoother and more polished than the G's. Either way, given the choice between these two vehicles I'd pick the G37 and never look back. They are decently reliable cars but as with any used car, make sure you have something set aside for a rainy day.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:07 AM

22,314 posts, read 29,395,806 times
G37 is the way to go

Old 03-18-2013, 09:13 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,995,776 times
Apples and Oranges. The Civic Si, is essentially a sporty economy car. Which is not a criticism (I actually think the Civic Si is a great compromise for a sporty compact to be used daily, compared to some others).

The G37 is a luxry sport coupe. Bigger, heavier, far more polished, far more power, etc.

Yes, the G37 is going to be more expensive to own and maintain. It also won't be as go-kart like due to it's larger size and weight. It is a terrific car too!

Go for it if you like it! Just be sure the operating costs fit within your budget.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:28 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,534,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
I own a 2007 Honda Civic Si Coupe with 110,000 miles on it. I have it modified with a AEM Cold Air intake, Race Header, lightened flywheel, exedy stage 1 clutch, HFP Sport Suspension. It is a 6 speed manual that does fairly well on gas.

I am considering a Used Infiniti g37 Sport Coupe. 6 speed manual as well. I have test drove the G. It is fast and heavy. The 6 speed manual is nice like my Civic. I love how smooth the G is with the leather interior and nice looking exterior. I only worry about ownership costs. 19" wheels and gas mileage is not too good either.

I am considering buying the used G this summer, and hope I won't miss my Si! (If you ask why I might buy it , is because I want a more comfortable , a bit more mature car that is sporty).
G37:19 mpg city, 27 highway
2007 civic si:20 mpg city,29 highway
Gas mileage is pretty close to me.If you can afford the extra money during the fill up,i say go for the g37(20gal gas tank premium vs. 13 gal tank premium)
That's an extra $30 per tank here in So Cal.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
G37:19 mpg city, 27 highway
2007 civic si:20 mpg city,29 highway
Gas mileage is pretty close to me.If you can afford the extra money during the fill up,i say go for the g37(20gal gas tank premium vs. 13 gal tank premium)
That's an extra $30 per tank here in So Cal.

If the fuel mileage is about equal, the cost per fill up is inconsequential, since the cost per mile driven will be about equal. He would just have to buy more per fill up, but fill ups would be fewer and farther between.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,466,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
If the fuel mileage is about equal, the cost per fill up is inconsequential, since the cost per mile driven will be about equal. He would just have to buy more per fill up, but fill ups would be fewer and farther between.
When premium is 50 cents per gallon more than regular, (like in ct) the cost per mile might be a little more than the civic. But I think it is worth it. I am actually looking into this car as well ( might have to settle for the g37x because of me being in Connecticut )

Old 03-18-2013, 09:58 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,234,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
When premium is 50 cents per gallon more than regular, (like in ct) the cost per mile might be a little more than the civic. But I think it is worth it. I am actually looking into this car as well ( might have to settle for the g37x because of me being in Connecticut )

The SI needs premium fuel as well, there is not differnece in fuel type between the two vehicles

Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
They both recommend premium.

So the extra cost is nearly a wash, except for the slightly lower mileage of the G37.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:05 AM

4,359 posts, read 7,525,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post

Funny you mentioned tires. I was scared away from the super deluxe Murano because of the tires. A friend complained about the cost of the tires on his Mercedes. So, some models tires cost a fortune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti