Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 11:06 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,163,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
It's a huge health concern, which is why countries and cities in Europe are beginning to ban them altogether.
The new diesels run 40% fewer particles than regular gasoline engines, so new diesel engines are less polluting.
There many articles available that proves that your opinion is outdated and in fact opposite is true for light duty vehicles (not talking about 18 wheelers).

http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/emissions.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 03:04 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,673,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
Buying it for commercial use makes since but buying for personal use doesn't !!!!

It works for business and you'll see taxi companies using them !!!!
New York City tried to make that specific vehicle mandatory for all city-licensed taxis (a $1 billion giveaway to Nissan that stinks of corruption). Taxi companies said "That thing? What if we want to use something else? Such as a hybrid, or [gasp!] something made in America?" and sued.

Thankfully, a judge has told NYC "that's not how it works in America."

NYC taxi fleet owners win right to appeal 'Taxi of Tomorrow' plan - am New York

Old 10-26-2014, 03:41 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,733,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
The new diesels run 40% fewer particles than regular gasoline engines, so new diesel engines are less polluting.
There many articles available that proves that your opinion is outdated and in fact opposite is true for light duty vehicles (not talking about 18 wheelers).

ADVANTAGES OF DIESEL TECHNOLOGY IN LIGHT-DUTY AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONS
The problem is the age of the vehicles.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:23 PM

479 posts, read 2,223,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydez View Post
I'd cross shop it with the Chevy City Express (same van different grill) and the Ford Transit Connect which is less boxy.
Dodge is coming out with one too; I just saw it at the Seattle International Car show.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:46 PM

656 posts, read 1,341,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
It's just as true for heavy duty vehicles as it is for light duty vehicles. Same principles at work... diesel engines have a much higher thermal efficiency rate, gasoline exhaust is less visible but actually substantially more of a health risk, and the aftertreatment system alleviates that concern, anyhow.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:07 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
New York City tried to make that specific vehicle mandatory for all city-licensed taxis (a $1 billion giveaway to Nissan that stinks of corruption). Taxi companies said "That thing? What if we want to use something else? Such as a hybrid, or [gasp!] something made in America?" and sued.

Thankfully, a judge has told NYC "that's not how it works in America."

NYC taxi fleet owners win right to appeal 'Taxi of Tomorrow' plan - am New York
If not a Vic, then an awd Sienna will suffice, those things are beastly.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:19 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mire View Post
Pray tell, where is diesel actually banned? They might be going the California route and requiring pre-Euro 5/6 emissions vehicles to be phased out, but banning diesel outright, I don't think so. The diesel option for the NV200 platform is available only in Europe, which would seem pretty contrary to what you're trying to claim here.
My local Nissan dealer has told me next year that Nissan will be putting a diesel in their vans and other vehicles.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:05 AM

656 posts, read 1,341,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
My local Nissan dealer has told me next year that Nissan will be putting a diesel in their vans and other vehicles.
Nifty! I'd still like to know whatever became of plans to make that 5.0 V8 Cummins available in the Tundra and Ram 1500 (the latter ended up going with some Italian engine).

Old 10-28-2014, 06:47 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,586,662 times
I like the look of the small van, like the 24 mpg in town but 24 on the highway? No way. If I owned something like this it would need to do double duty as a camping van.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:11 PM

865 posts, read 2,161,075 times
One acronym: CVT.

That means, you're going to be facing a $7000 transmission replacement multiple times before 200,000 miles. Nissan's CVTs are extremely unreliable.

Other than that, they look like they are extremely useful. A set of snow tires and they'll go in the snow just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti